Set up your Hour of Code in 5 minutes!
- 32 tutorials for grades K - 12
- Progress tracking
- Student metrics & certificates
- Lesson guides & answer keys
- Marketing materials
Barbie™ Pet VetA pet’s first checkup is so much fun when you are the Pet Vet and Barbie is by your side!
Students solve several coding puzzles and learn to use basic programming concepts such as loops and conditional statements.
Space QuestHelp the astronaut find a new spaceship!
Candy QuestGo on a quest for candy!
Puppy AdventureHelp Pixel the puppy get home
Spin DrawCreate a fun pen that draws a rotating image.
Tell a JokeMake two birds tell each other a joke
Platformer Starter KitProgram your own platformer game!
Peep: Dance with FriendsMake Peep and his friends dance!
Peep: Nature WalkGo for a nature walk with Peep!
Dragon BlastCode your dragon to blast through obstacles!
Code MonstersCollect, train, and battle your monsters!
Students complete a set of 20 puzzles where they program the monsters they've collected.
Dragon DashGo on an epic quest for treasure
Hot Wheels: Obstacle CourseDesign your own Hot Wheels obstacle course
Students solve a set of 20 puzzles to navigate a Hot Wheels racecar.
Scavenger HuntGo on a scavenger hunt!
Hot Wheels: Hack the TrackGuide your Hot Wheels car to win the race
Students create and publish their own racing track.
Brick BreakerMake your own version of this arcade classic.
Monster High: Music VideoProgram a music video!
Students follow step-by-step instructions to create and publish their own music video.
Undersea ArcadeCreate a top-down arcade game.
Lost in SpaceBiff the spaceman is lost in space!
Ecological PyramidCreate an interactive ecological pyramid with plants and animals.
Multiplication EscapeMake a fun math game!
Bill of RightsProgram a quiz about the Bill of Rights!
Code CommanderBuild and train your army for battle!
Students complete a set of 18 puzzles where they program members of an army.
DebuggerFight bugs to save the motherboard!
Physics Cannon GameMake a 2-player physics game!
Pattern MakerCreate programmatic drawings
Bird MayhemMake a game where birds bounce around the screen.
Solar SystemProgram a moving model of the Solar System
Analog ClockCreate a working analog clock
Toxic JungleUse Python to save the toxic jungle!
HomophonesMake a storytelling game about homophones!
In this STEM project, students will apply what they know about homophones to create an animated storytelling project. Throughout the story, the user will need to choose between two or more homophones to fill in the blank in a line of dialog. The story can’t go on until they choose the correct homophone!
With Tynker’s game-based approach to learning, it's easy to engage students of all ages, interests, and experience levels.
Tynker uses structured, open-ended activities that allow children to learn and create.
New to Tynker? Create a free account
Add all your students to a class. Students will be able to access the Hour of Code activities from their dashboard.
Tynker teachers – No prep needed
If you already have a Tynker account, you're all set! The Hour of Code activities will automatically show up in your students' dashboards during the event. Encourage your students to log in to their accounts during the Hour of Code week to participate, and spread the word to your fellow teachers!
|Grade K-2||Grade 3-5||Grade 6+|
|Barbie™ Pet Vet Space Quest Peep: Dance with Friends||Dragon Blast Spin Draw Brick Breaker||Dragon Dash Undersea Arcade Bird Mayhem|
||Candy Quest Peep: Dance with Friends Spin Draw||Dragon Dash Pattern Maker Platformer Starter Kit||Platformer Starter Kit Physics Cannon Game|
||Dragon Blast Spin Draw Platformer Starter Kit||Code Monsters Pattern Maker Physics Cannon Game||Code Commander Physics Cannon Game Counter Hack|
What Students Do
- Solve game-based coding puzzles to learn the basics
- Follow step-by-step tutorials to create drawing, music, animation, storytelling, physics, and arcade game projects
- Save and publish their creations
- Download the free Tynker App to create and run projects on tablets
What Students Learn
- Use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to complete puzzles
- Learn programming concepts such as sequencing, repetition, and conditional logic
- Apply programming concepts to create games, stories, and art
- Build projects they're proud to share with family and friends
- Learn that programming is neither difficult nor boring – it's a powerful tool they can use to bring their imagination to life!
Tips for Coding Success
- Pick a sequence of activities based on interests, grade level, and experience
- Create a portfolio of games, art, music, comics, greetings, and more
- Explore other students' creation and discover what they can do
- Don't stop! Continue solving puzzles and building apps from home
Fun Ideas for an Exciting Event
- Plan a Family Hour of Code Showcase! Invite parents, community leaders, and school administrators to see your students' great work.
- Turn your Hour of Code into a community success story! Reach out to the media using our press template.
- Post printouts of kids’ custom characters on a bulletin board
- Have a classroom challenge! Showcase your students' best creations.
- For experienced students – pick a theme and ask students to create lessons for each other using Tutorial Designer.
- Press release template for schools
- Enhance Learning in All Areas
- Learning To Code Develops Creativity in Kids
- Programming = Better Math Skills + Fun
- Using Tynker District Wide
- Project Based Learning with Tynker
- Getting Girls to Code
- Lunch-time Tynker Club
- After School Coding Club
- Coding in Early Grades
Beyond the Hour of Code
Tynker makes it easy to teach computer programming! Grade-specific and self-paced, the interactive curriculum lets students learn by creatively applying coding concepts to core subjects. Tynker includes everything you need to teach programming in a fun, engaging way, including lesson plans, teacher guides, answer keys, and standards alignment.
STEM Project Library
Our ready-to-use project templates integrate coding into the subjects you already teach.
Refer a Teacher
Help spread the word! Recruit five fellow educators to host an Hour of Code with Tynker, and you and your five invitees will each receive a FREE Tynker lesson.Refer other Educators