Puppy Mill awerness | by joyfull puppy, a project made by joyfulpuppy using Tynker. Learn to code and make your own app or game in minutes.
Art, Photo, Storytelling, Animation, Animals, Social
delays, simple loops
- Puppy Mill awerness | by joyfull puppy
- if you cant read the words on the rant well tap me.
- this is a document i created in pages hoping to turn it into a poster to put up around my neighborhod. it also serves well for this purpose
- if you want the whole essay tap the rant pic
- sorry for ranting but here goes.....
- puppy mills, or backyard breeders, are places where the people do not treat dogs right. they put the dogs in cages and rarely or never let them out, force mothers to produce litter after litter, take puppies away from their mother to soon, feed the dogs very little, give them to little water, give them no attention, never clean their cadges, never give them baths, never take them to the vet, sell them for very high prices, leave the mother to die on the streets when she can’t give birth anymore, and sell way to many dogs. puppies from puppy mills often die early and are very sick. missouri has more puppy mills than any other state in america. you can help put an end to puppy mills by not buying from them so they go bankrupt, spread the word, and make petitions. you know if you are buying from a puppy mill if: you are buying online, the breeder will not show you the mother, and if the breeder sells many different breeds of dogs. all puppy mills do is be cruel and put more dogs on the streets that are picked up by shelters and possibly put down. stop puppy mills visit https://www.aspca.org/barred-from-love. btw barred from love is a website i found, not sponsored (if that is a thing on tynker)
- also pls copy this project to get the word out
- there is a glitch where one of the dialouge thingies says a dialouge multiple times, it does not go on forever, ok?
- most people don’t know about puppy mills, but guess what? you may think that missouri was cruelty free, think again. in reality missouri has the most puppy mills, or backyard breeders, (cruel breeding facilities) of any other state. i think puppy mills should be illegal, and people who don’t run puppy mills shouldn’t have to be convinced after the next paragraph. that’s how bad they are. missouri has 22 known puppy mills but lots are still out there waiting to be discovered. puppy mills put around 2 million dogs (and sometimes cats) in cages and rarely or never let them out, force mothers to produce litter after litter, take puppies away from their mother too soon, feed the dogs very little, give them to little water, give them no attention, never clean their cages, never give them baths, never take them to the vet, sell them for very high prices, leave the mother to die on the streets when she can’t give birth anymore, and sell way too many dogs. puppies from puppy mills often die early and get very sick.
- to begin with, puppy mills should be illegal because they give the dogs very little food and water, they don’t give them any attention, and yell at them. i know a story of a puppy mill dog, i even got to meet him after reading his story. this is a revised version of amazon’s description of the book: “even though marshall has been the victim of unfathomable abuse, he is not broken. found at the home of a puppy mill, marshall was rescued and later adopted by cyndi willenbrock. at first, marshall is frightened and unsure of the strangers who bring him to safety; however, he learns to trust the kindness of others. even though he is severely malnourished and loses a leg, due to other dogs attacking him for fighting over food. he undergoes surgery in which his heart stopped multiple times. marshall the miracle dog begins with tragedy, but ends in triumph.” now you can see what can happen when dogs don’t get enough food, water, and attention. this is just the beginning. if you think puppy mills weren’t this big of a deal, they are. they gave me enough terrible reasons to make 4 more long paragraphs, so get ready for more ranting.
- next on the rant list, puppy mills should be illegal because they don’t take dogs (and cats) to the vet, don’t give them baths, rarely to never take them out of their cages, and don’t clean their cages. because owners of puppy mills do not care about the dog’s heath they don’t take the dogs to the vet. if dogs are not taken to the vet many illnesses, diseases, parasites, and other problems go unnoticed. some can be fatal. also, because dogs aren’t usually taken out of cages and the cages are not clean they sit in a mixture of waste, water, food, and sometimes blood. this is not only disgusting, but very bad for the dog. dogs can develop many illnesses from this including parasites being transferred from his roommate. dogs never receive baths at puppy mills except before they are going to their new home. this is often the reason dogs die early and suddenly.
- puppy mills are also completely outrageous because they treat mothers like “breeding machines”, and ditch them on the streets when they can’t have puppies anymore. because puppy mills don’t care about the dogs when the mothers (and fathers) cannot have puppies they ditch them on the streets. this creates an opportunity for the homeless dog population to rise and helps the risk of rabies, distemper, and other diseases rise. also because a puppy mill needs a lot of puppies (and i mean a lot of puppies) to make lots of money. here is some info i collected from humanesociety.org : there are about 10,000 puppy mills in the u.s alone, 2 million puppies are produced by one puppy mill each year, it take about 50,000 $ to shut down one puppy mill that houses 250 animals, and 3 million dogs and cats put down every year.as soon as the mother is finished with her puppies and she goes into heat again she will be forced to get pregnant again. and again. and again, until she either dies of stress, cannot give birth anymore and is dichted, or the best option, rescued. the risks of overbreeding are: eye problems and hearing loss, joint problems, such as hip dysplasia, respiratory issues, such as in the case of flat-faced breeds
- you shouldn’t buy from puppy mills because they sell way too many dogs for high prices, die early, and get very sick. it may be tempting, but you can help by doing this. if you get a dog from a puppy mill it could be bad for you. not only are they expensive, but they can be sick and have fleas, worms, or ticks. because of that you not only have to pay expensive vet bills for your furry friend, but you and your family could get sick. if the dog has long term problems it may die early. nobody wants any of those things to happen. if you agree with me, read my conclusion, the fix to the problem might be shocking, but it works. i hope i see you there.
- in the end puppy mills are horrible. they lock dogs up with very little food and water and rarely or never let them see the the outside world, they don’t give them the essential care a dog needs to thrive, over breed, and help to contribute to dog homelessness. you can help put an end to puppy mills by not buying from them so they go bankrupt, spreading the word, notifying animal control or the police, and make a petition. you know if you are buying from a puppy mill if: you are buying online, the breeder will not show you the mother, you are buying dogs at a flea market, and if the breeder sells many different breeds of dogs. all puppy mills do is be cruel and put more dogs on the streets that are picked up by shelters and possibly put down. join the fight against cruel and unethical breeding facilities. together, us dog lovers can change thousands of dogs' lives.
- also watch heartwrenching and heartwarming puppy mill rescue youtube vids to get a full sense of what these cruel ways can do.
- drawing - drawing
- joy - drawing
- rant - image
- image1 - image
- drawing1 - drawing
- drawing1 - drawing1
- joy watermark - drawing