How to Stop Plagiarism (The STIR Strategy against Copying)
by Stable Clue
originally from "How to Stop Plagiarism (The STIR Strategy against Copying)" by 🧡PumpkinSpicePuppy🧡
How to Stop Plagiarism (The STIR Strategy against Copying), a project made by Stable Clue using Tynker. Learn to code and make your own app or game in minutes.
- How to Stop Plagiarism (The STIR Strategy against Copying)
- (i remixed this. all credit goes to pumpkinspicepuppy)
- hello everyone! i’m ginger, cinnamon’s older sister.
- i’m here to talk to you about a very important issue.
- copying. but, rather than ranting, i’m going to tell you how we can all try and stop it.
- of course, we can’t rid tynker of copying. there’s always going to be those nasty bunches who don’t care.
- however, we can attempt to minimise it.
- i’m going to ask you all who are sick of it to play your part.
- the most likely way of minimising it only requires four steps. this is called, as i named it, the stir plagiarism strategy.
- all remember these, and copying will most likely decrease.
- now, some of you may disagree with this, but i am going to ask you to try it anyway.
- stop making ‘no copying’ projects. now, many of you may strongly disagree with this, but when the copier sees that you don’t like it, they actually do it more. it gets boring for them when it’s not visibly agitating you. feel free to scream into a pillow irl though xd (trust me, it helps).
- now, replace these plagiarism projects with tutorial videos. this shows copiers how to navigate and use tynker. many plagiarisers actually just don’t know how to code themselves!
- now, ignore copied projects. don’t reply unless they are mean or offensive, as can turn into straight-up bullying should it not be adressed.
- finally, report all copies you see. this will hopefully reduce the amount of copying, and if it’s taken down by moderators, the copiers will get discouraged by their wasted ‘efforts’ (not!). however, don’t report projects from competitions, as the copetition holder will feel crushed (like pumpkinspicepuppy did when her art club, artsanimals, wasn’t getting many entries. oh yeah! i forgot to remind you that it’s still open :d )
- so there we are. the stir strategy! i ask you all to please, play your part against copiers under this guide.
- also, a tip, rather than saying ‘don’t copy’ on your projects (which, like step 1, encourages copiers), put your username and logo in a corner and at the start of the project, a piece of dialog that says ‘originally created by (insert unsername here)’.
- thats all i have for today! baiiii!
- your gift is this way —>
- ok, this is a brilliant idea!
- everyone who views this, remix it and spread it around tynker. i think this could really help!