- iceglow stone7352.5k
- DIAMOND STONE1351.7k
- Abstract Rainbow Glowstone1351.8k
- obsidian stoneby Cheap Trust0351k
- house blockby Evil Stamp0351.6k
- Noob Glowstone1351.4k
- Glowstoneby cymbalism1351.6k
- Aqua Stoneby sdfjkadSBKL45343.6k
- blue stoneby Princetk0351.1k
- Flowery lampshade6339.4k
- Light Blockby TheTurtle5000351.2k
- The True Glowstoneby Future Look0351.3k
- smiling lightby Full Nerd0351.1k
- kina lampa0351.1k
- rainbow block0351.2k
- Nether Lantern0351.5k
- Exploding Glowstone0351.3k
- Gold Edge Glowstoneby Lone Math0351.6k
- Sun Block1351.9k
- red glow0351.3k
- Blue Stone0351.4k
- Nuclear Glowstoneby relyK.java1350.9k
- cheese ore1351.5k
- normal glowstone, obviouslyby Spicy Back0351.3k
- Blue glowstoneby Megalodon070351.6k
- no stone2351.2k
- Bar Lamp0351k
- Colorful GlowStone0351.2k
- pink glowstoneby kitcat0351.3k
- paint blockby Beast0351.6k
- SunBlockby Angelic Gel1351k
- rare glostone0351.5k
- glow block0351.6k
- MY FRIEND KARLOS0351.2k
- Colurful Light!0351.2k
- Magic lamp20351.7k
- Magical Dust Block1351.4k
- smile now0268.3k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Alpha 1.2.0|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Stackable?||Yes (Max 64)|
|Data Values||Hex: 59 Dec: 89|
Glowstone clusters can be found either very high, or at almost ground level in the Nether. They may be located over lava or in extremely high places, making it difficult to harvest and gain all of the dropped Glowstone Dust. Glowstone can also be obtained from villager trading.
When Glowstone is destroyed, it can drop anywhere from two to four pieces of Glowstone Dust , therefore destroying n amount of Glowstone Blocks won't necessarily mean you can make n Glowstone Blocks from the dust gathered.
Breaking this block drops Glowstone dust , which may be used to re-craft the glowstone blocks. Unlike torches, it isn't destroyed by water and continues to emit light even when submerged like Jack-O-Lantern and Sea Lanterns . Like all non-sunlight light sources, glowstone blocks will cause nearby snow and ice to melt. Glowstone itself has a crafting recipe for crafting a Redstone Lamp .
- As of the beta 1.6.6 update, the tool used to extract Glowstone (Dust) changed from a sword, when it acted like a glass type block, to a pickaxe, as it became a stone type block. In the same update, the amount of Glowstone Dust needed to craft a Glowstone Block changed from nine to four, and the amount of Glowstone Dust dropped after destroying a Glowstone Block changed from 1 to a range of 2 to 4 (unless with the fortune enchantment). However, after 1.0.0, the tool required to destroy the block was changed back to a Sword, as the block's type was changed back from "Stone" to "Glass".
- However, after 1.0.0, the tool required to destroy the block was changed back to a Sword, as the block's type was changed back from "Stone" to "Glass".
- A useful tactic for reaching clusters of Glowstone Blocks that are very high up is to redirect a Ghast's fireball at it. This is only recommended if the cluster itself is over ground though, else the resulting dust could easily fall into the lava sea below.
- Before 1.2.5, Mining Glowstone will yield Glowstone dust, but using the Silk Touch enchantment will yield a Glowstone Block.
- The other name for Glowstone, Brimstone, is another name for pure sulfur.
- A redstone current can be directed up and through glowstone, but not down it.
- In Minecraft Alpha , Glowstone gave the player one piece of Glowstone Dust instead of two to four.
- Before Minecraft Beta 1.6, Glowstone had an old crafting recipe. The player needed nine pieces of Glowstone Dust instead of four.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!