- iceglow stone7276.1k
- DIAMOND STONE1275.4k
- Abstract Rainbow Glowstone1275.5k
- obsidian stoneby Cheap Trust0274.9k
- house blockby Evil Stamp0275.4k
- Noob Glowstone1275.2k
- Glowstoneby cymbalism1275.3k
- Aqua Stoneby sdfjkadSBKL45266.4k
- blue stoneby Princetk0275k
- Flowery lampshade6262.9k
- rainbow stone0275k
- Light Blockby TheTurtle5000275k
- The True Glowstoneby Future Look0275.1k
- smiling lightby Full Nerd0274.9k
- kina lampa0274.9k
- rainbow block0275k
- Nether Lantern0275.3k
- Exploding Glowstone0275.1k
- Gold Edge Glowstoneby Lone Math0275.3k
- Sun Block1275.6k
- red glow0275.1k
- Blue Stone0275.2k
- Nuclear Glowstoneby relyK.java1274.8k
- cheese ore1275.2k
- normal glowstone, obviouslyby Spicy Back0275.1k
- Blue glowstoneby Megalodon070275.4k
- no stone2275k
- Bar Lamp0274.9k
- Colorful GlowStone0275k
- pink glowstoneby kitcat0275.1k
- paint blockby Beast0275.3k
- SunBlockby Angelic Gel1274.9k
- rare glostone0275.3k
- glow block0275.4k
- MY FRIEND KARLOS0275k
- Colurful Light!0275k
- Magic lamp20275.5k
- Magical Dust Block1275.2k
- smile now0192.1k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Alpha 1.2.0|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Stackable?||Yes (Max 64)|
|Data Values||Hex: 59 Dec: 89|
Glowstone clusters can be found either very high, or at almost ground level in the Nether. They may be located over lava or in extremely high places, making it difficult to harvest and gain all of the dropped Glowstone Dust. Glowstone can also be obtained from villager trading.
When Glowstone is destroyed, it can drop anywhere from two to four pieces of Glowstone Dust , therefore destroying n amount of Glowstone Blocks won't necessarily mean you can make n Glowstone Blocks from the dust gathered.
Breaking this block drops Glowstone dust , which may be used to re-craft the glowstone blocks. Unlike torches, it isn't destroyed by water and continues to emit light even when submerged like Jack-O-Lantern and Sea Lanterns . Like all non-sunlight light sources, glowstone blocks will cause nearby snow and ice to melt. Glowstone itself has a crafting recipe for crafting a Redstone Lamp .
- As of the beta 1.6.6 update, the tool used to extract Glowstone (Dust) changed from a sword, when it acted like a glass type block, to a pickaxe, as it became a stone type block. In the same update, the amount of Glowstone Dust needed to craft a Glowstone Block changed from nine to four, and the amount of Glowstone Dust dropped after destroying a Glowstone Block changed from 1 to a range of 2 to 4 (unless with the fortune enchantment). However, after 1.0.0, the tool required to destroy the block was changed back to a Sword, as the block's type was changed back from "Stone" to "Glass".
- However, after 1.0.0, the tool required to destroy the block was changed back to a Sword, as the block's type was changed back from "Stone" to "Glass".
- A useful tactic for reaching clusters of Glowstone Blocks that are very high up is to redirect a Ghast's fireball at it. This is only recommended if the cluster itself is over ground though, else the resulting dust could easily fall into the lava sea below.
- Before 1.2.5, Mining Glowstone will yield Glowstone dust, but using the Silk Touch enchantment will yield a Glowstone Block.
- The other name for Glowstone, Brimstone, is another name for pure sulfur.
- A redstone current can be directed up and through glowstone, but not down it.
- In Minecraft Alpha , Glowstone gave the player one piece of Glowstone Dust instead of two to four.
- Before Minecraft Beta 1.6, Glowstone had an old crafting recipe. The player needed nine pieces of Glowstone Dust instead of four.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!