- Purple Blockby LDShadowLady1134.7k
- beautiful!(it's snow)1133.8k
- block of sweats1133.9k
- dark snow1133.7k
- color block0133.9k
- snowby Dr. FXP1133.5k
- cat item1133k
- yellow snow1132.9k
- RAINBOW BLOCKby Noisy Hoof7134k
- mystery blockby Big M1132.8k
- Cotton Candy Block4134.1k
|First Appearance||Alpha 1.0.4|
|Type of Block||Block Modifier|
|Tool Used||Wooden Shovel|
|Data Values||Hex: 4E Dec: 78|
On multiplayer servers, many snow ball fights are held in forts containing mazes of snow banks that slow players down. Usually the objective is to keep the players from breaking a block in their fort they build, which is done by hitting them with snowballs to keep them out. The first team to break the block (usually dirt or for more difficulty wood) win.
- Prior to the Halloween Update (2010), snow could only be found on maps that were in Winter Mode. When creating a new save, a map had a 1/5 chance of having worldwide snowfall. Since Alpha 1.2.0 however, Snow can occur in arctic Biomes.
- Sometimes snow can spawn on air blocks, usually over cave entrances or water pools. Walking on these blocks will make you fall through the snow. If you place a block near the floating snow, it will update itself, and disappear.
- If you place a block near the floating snow, it will update itself, and disappear.
- Snow is a common block to be used as the flooring in a game of Spleef as it breaks almost instantly with a diamond shovel.
- Snow layers do not accumulate naturally during Snowfall.
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0