- sword in a ice2199.9k
- Snowy day 2by Stupid Sushi0198.8k
- sword in a ice0199.6k
- sword in iceby Akari1199.9k
- slippery wet moss block0199.1k
- Sacred Ice blockby Ricelover1240198.9k
- scrribleby Scorpion0198.9k
- sword in a iceby ClearBear0199.6k
- da red block o desby Dizzle0199.2k
- bby Torpid Reply0199k
- colored ice0199k
- Hot Ice0199.2k
- indersurctable ice1198.9k
- solar eclipse block3200k
- fish in iceby Kooky Marble1199.1k
- sword in iceby Athletic Sun0199.5k
- sword in a iceby Flashy Manor91209.7k
- fish in iceby Aware Bail57201.8k
- its coldby Idle Jungle4199.3k
- big fishby Big M0198.8k
- mushroom block0199.1k
- Dash block0198.9k
- block of kittens1199k
- Code iceby The Hunter0199.8k
- the darkby Drab Measure0199k
- Block of Illusionby Amara0199k
- Block of Illusionby Amara0199.1k
- neon blockby Our Maximum1198.8k
- baby mammoth in ice1199.8k
- The Magical Block Of Lady Irene (Irene is from Aph0199k
- pizzaby mlg man0199.1k
- Pink Ice0199k
- Imagination Block0199.1k
- Kawaii Blueby Yuiro1199k
- Blue Webb0199.2k
- Frozen Sticksby Thick Mammal0199.4k
- iron ice2199k
- Possesed Ice0199k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 4F Dec: 79|
Ice acts very similar to Snow in the sense that it melts when it comes into contact with Fire , is near a Torch , or is touched by Lava for a short period of time. Ice is not affected by Fire, but when melted with Lava, it will produce Water. This will also happen if Ice is destroyed and there is a Block beneath it.
Ice does not commonly have a use, and was most likely implemented in Minecraft for show and visual effect. Ice cannot naturally be gathered; however, if a Pickaxe has the Silk Touch Enchantment , Ice can successfully be gathered without destroying it.
Ice can be used to make traps, but is not efficient in this as water makes a better substitute in moving mobs. Melted Ice will disappear in the Nether .
In Mob traps, Ice is great for making faster Mob delivery systems. Water traveling over Ice propels items and Mobs faster, decreasing the amount of time the Player must wait.
- Items flowing in Water over Ice will go much faster.
- When Ice is broken, it makes the same breaking sound as Glass .
- Blocks of Water in Arctic Biomes will occasionally freeze, forming blocks of Ice.
- If placed under Soul Sand , the player will move slower on the Soul Sand than if the Ice Block was not there.
- If Ice is placed directly next to Lava or Water, the liquid will be invisible.
- Players can sprint extremely fast on ice.
- By sprinting and jumping while on Ice and inside a 2-block tall tunnel, it is possible to move 16 blocks a second, twice as fast as a full-speed minecart. By replacing the 2-block ceiling with trapdoors, it's possible to travel 1000 blocks in 54 seconds, or 18.518 blocks per second. However, this will drain the player's hunger bar extremely quickly at roughly 1 unit per second.
- Ice can be melted by any block or item that omits a high light level.
- Ice in the Pocket Edition does not have the same transparency as in the PC version.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!