- sword in a iceby Jet Parsley2251.8k
- Snowy day 20250.5k
- sword in a ice0251.6k
- sword in iceby Akari1251.8k
- slippery wet moss block0250.8k
- Sacred Ice blockby Ricelover1240250.5k
- scrribleby Scorpion0250.5k
- sword in a iceby ClearBear0249.3k
- da red block o desby Dizzle0248.6k
- bby Stone Relish0248.4k
- colored iceby Rigid Amp0248.3k
- Hot Ice0248.7k
- indersurctable iceby Viral Planet1248.2k
- solar eclipse blockby Fossil694203249.5k
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 4F Dec: 79|
Ice acts very similar to Snow in the sense that it melts when it comes into contact with Fire , is near a Torch , or is touched by Lava for a short period of time. Ice is not affected by Fire, but when melted with Lava, it will produce Water. This will also happen if Ice is destroyed and there is a Block beneath it.
Ice does not commonly have a use, and was most likely implemented in Minecraft for show and visual effect. Ice cannot naturally be gathered; however, if a Pickaxe has the Silk Touch Enchantment , Ice can successfully be gathered without destroying it.
Ice can be used to make traps, but is not efficient in this as water makes a better substitute in moving mobs. Melted Ice will disappear in the Nether .
In Mob traps, Ice is great for making faster Mob delivery systems. Water traveling over Ice propels items and Mobs faster, decreasing the amount of time the Player must wait.
- Items flowing in Water over Ice will go much faster.
- When Ice is broken, it makes the same breaking sound as Glass .
- Blocks of Water in Arctic Biomes will occasionally freeze, forming blocks of Ice.
- If placed under Soul Sand , the player will move slower on the Soul Sand than if the Ice Block was not there.
- If Ice is placed directly next to Lava or Water, the liquid will be invisible.
- Players can sprint extremely fast on ice.
- By sprinting and jumping while on Ice and inside a 2-block tall tunnel, it is possible to move 16 blocks a second, twice as fast as a full-speed minecart. By replacing the 2-block ceiling with trapdoors, it's possible to travel 1000 blocks in 54 seconds, or 18.518 blocks per second. However, this will drain the player's hunger bar extremely quickly at roughly 1 unit per second.
- Ice can be melted by any block or item that omits a high light level.
- Ice in the Pocket Edition does not have the same transparency as in the PC version.
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0