- american flag31056k
- Snapchatby THEATER_NERD11056k
- Bunte Kiste01055.7k
- stary blinder11055.6k
- libray funby littlegsxr21056.7k
- Mage TNT01056.5k
- Baby Pumpkin21056.9k
- Evil Pumkin 2by Darkstalker71057.5k
- Copy of Dsk01055.7k
- AC-DC TNT BOOKSHELF01055.9k
- clothing blockby Daisy(^. ^)111038.8k
- Magicalby Worn Bloom161038.2k
- The Worthy Shining Block (Rainbow)by TheEpicBomb01055.9k
- The Worthy Shining Block (Orange)by TheEpicBomb01055.9k
- Shayla'S Special Bookshelf11055.7k
- shadow blockby Evil Stamp01055.6k
- The check11056.2k
- toilet block01056.2k
- Rainbow Bookshelfby cymbalism151041.3k
- Lovely booksby nelxia01056.1k
- sunset blockby DexStar11056.2k
- Noob Bookshelf21060.9k
- south African flagby Valid Start01055.7k
- the ultimate block11055.7k
- Bock shelf 2by Macho Shoe71056.1k
- Ivisible Block01055.7k
- Rainbow pastel bookshelfby Spooky Gate31057.5k
- colorful bookshelfby Ocean11055.8k
- Mapping bookshelfby Third Jewel01056k
- Cute Book Shelfby Lovely Cook11056.8k
- Bookshelfby AlphaCount01055.8k
- Kids Bookshelf11056.2k
- secret doorby Nickname51057.5k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Survival Test 0.26-|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Tool Used||Axe Graphic|
|Data Values||Hex: 2F Dec: 47|
Bookshelves are generated in Libraries , inside Strongholds , and within NPC Villages . A single Bookshelf can be crafted by arranging six Wooden Planks and three Books . Whenever a Bookshelf is destroyed, it will drop three books. Bookshelves are very important for improving Enchantment Tables . When placed close to one, it will begin to send floating white symbols to the book. This grants the player a chance to receive better enchantments, though not guaranteed. To function, a bookshelf must be within a two-block distance of the enchanting table, with one empty space and no obstructions between. The bookshelf will still be in proximity if stacked up to three blocks high. An enchanting table can connect to no more than 15 bookshelf blocks within range, any additional bookshelves do not contribute to the enchanting effect.
Bookshelves were added in the 0.26 patch of Survival Test, but they were not able to be naturally spawned until the 0.28 patch. They were left in obscurity, as they could not be crafted until Beta. Bookshelves and libraries were finally implemented in Beta 1.9 pre-release 3, as they could be used to receive higher enchantments on weapons and tools. As of Beta 1.9, destroying a Bookshelf will drop three Books. Bookshelves can also be obtained in a trade with Villagers as of 1.3.1.
- Bookshelves are also in Minecraft Java Edition .
- A Bookshelf Block will always have exactly the same books in exactly the same places, meaning that the books are either exactly the same, or books in series.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!