- Crossbowby The hacker6313.1k
- 11 100 miner2313.8k
- rorys pickaxe2313.2k
- iorn pick axe1313.3k
- guy holding light saber pickaxeby Kryptic1312.7k
- element pickaxe2313.1k
- DOUBLE PICKAXEby Zoomer6312.5k
- the hot pick axe6313.7k
- TRAP SPINGERby Awesome Cat1308.3k
- Fred-Bear's Micro-Swordby Cloudy Silk1307.8k
- prime pickaxe2308k
- the yellowby Mildly Camel1308k
- mega pickaxeby Pleased Goat1307.5k
- Steel Pickaxe1307.4k
- Silver Pic2307.6k
- Watermelon pickaxe0307.5k
|Wood: 60 Stone: 132 Iron: 251 Gold: 33 Diamond: 1562
|Hex: Wood: 10E Stone: 112 Iron: 101 Gold: 11D Diamond: 116 Dec: Wood: 270 Stone: 274 Iron: 257 Gold: 285 Diamond: 278
Listed from lowest mining strength to highest. The materials are:
Place any type of tip on the above in the three slots in the first row with two sticks as it were the handle in the center column.
Speed and Durability
A pickaxe will lose Durability at a faster rate if it is used to attack Mobs , opposed to mining.
The following table shows the time it takes to break each type of block. A block marked with a red background indicates that it cannot be harvested by that certain pickaxe and the block will be destroyed. A green background indicates the quickest tool types for the corresponding block. Note that some blocks will not drop anything regardless of the tool used.
- In Abandoned Mineshafts , NPC Villages , and Strongholds , iron pickaxes can be found inside the chests.
- All solid blocks can be mined with a Pickaxe except for Bedrock and End Portal Frames , which cannot be mined. The speed and efficiency of any type of block or ore to be mined depends on the type of pickaxe being used. With most blocks, Gold Pickaxes mine faster than others, though the durability is weaker and often breaks sooner.
- A wooden pickaxe must be the first type of pickaxe created when first starting a new world, and the second type made must be stone pickaxe. The third type created must be an iron pickaxe, but either diamond or gold pickaxes can be made after this. This order is made assuming the player does not find or trade for any pickaxes.
- There is a rare glitch where, when a pickaxe breaks, it will instantly re-appear in your inventory. This can be fixed by simply quitting the map and then re-opening it.
- Though golden pickaxes' durability is much weaker than other pickaxes, it is often easier to enchant.
- A pickaxe is one of the most familiar weapons/tools for a player. Another common Tool for a player is the Sword .
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0