- cechup and muster0191.5k
- flint and steelby JJ0191.4k
- DIAMOND COAL BLOCK FROM FLINT AND STEELby Grimy Surf1192.4k
- the dimond flamemakerby Formal Chair3191.9k
- Fire Flowerby Vast Dial13185.6k
- Flint n' Fireby Plant Snake2191.5k
- ice Flower53188.1k
- Brass F & Sby Salty Hippo1191.6k
- Flint And Diamond2191.5k
- Portal key0192k
- Firestarterby Xandiman1191.4k
- RAINBOW FLINT N STEELby Savage420191.4k
- foxys hook3192.5k
- fire canonby Broken Fruit0191.4k
- Fire Flower2192.2k
- Portal openerby Blackfire3192.2k
- Flint and gold0191.6k
- cool steelby hacker2480191.5k
- Fire Flowerby Every Otter0192k
- best fire mod3192.4k
- dimond flint & stellby Wealthy Hose0191.8k
- Charmander Flame1191.9k
- Light Blue Lighter0191.7k
- MCSM flint & stillby Afraid Gnat0191.7k
- yffffffffby coolplayer500191.7k
- Fire Flower1192.1k
- portal flit and steel0191.8k
- Mega Flameflectionby ChainChompie2191.5k
- Shiny Mega Flameflectionby ChainChompie3191.6k
- steelby Ajar Taste0191.5k
- flint and emerald0191.5k
- enchanted flint and steel0191.9k
- Water Flower2191.8k
- ice Flower0191.8k
- flint and steel red0191.9k
- rockesby monkeybum0169.1k
- blue fire flint and steel0143.3k
- Portal Lighterby Filthy Scare1129.6k
- ice Flower1122.7k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
Flint and Steel
|Data Values||Hex: 103 Dec: 259|
The Flint and Steel will create a fire on the targeted surface of a block when used. Some blocks such as wood and wool will burn down when set on fire, but some blocks such as stone , will not be affected. Interestingly, any use on an item will reduce its Durability by one, regardless of whether it is set on fire or not. If used on the top of a non-flammable block like stone, it will set a fire for about a minute and then it will burn out, but if used on the side of the block the fire will burn out immediately. If you place fire near flammable blocks, like wood, it will spread to the flammable blocks, but it will not spread to Netherrack . Flint and steel was also a very infamous griefing tool back before beta 1.6 when fire spread indefinitely, and is still somewhat dangerous.
Flint and Steel can be used to light blocks on fire, activate TNT , or activate Nether Portals. However, Flint and Steel is an infamous griefing tool, explaining why so many beta servers ban Flint and Steel. When a Flint and Steel is placed within a dispenser , when activated, it will set fire to the adjacent block.
Also, Flint and Steel can be used as a weapon. If being chased by a player in Multiplayer PVP, for example, flint and steel can be used to light the player on fire, thus damaging their health.
- In early versions of Indev , the player started with a Flint and Steel in their inventory. Flint and Steel was also found as loot from killing Mobs .
- In the start of Survival Multiplayer, furnaces did not work. There was a mod that turned Flint and Steel into a "lighter" that lit the furnace and made it work.
- Prior to 1.6, fire could spread indefinitely, making Flint and Steel an effective weapon of mass destruction in areas with large, interconnected sections of flammable blocks. Many servers banned and continue to ban the use of Flint and Steel as it can be used for griefing. Following 1.6, fire will no longer spread infinitely.
- Before furnaces , Flint and Steel could be used to smelt Ore .
- As of beta 1.7, left-clicking a block of TNT with a Flint and Steel will ignite it.
- If the player uses Flint and Steel on any animal, excluding Squids and Bats , the meat they drop will be cooked, a faster method than using the furnace.
- Despite the fact that it is called "Flint and Steel", it is made of Flint and an Iron Ingot , not steel.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!