- Super Bow92441.1k
- Crossbowby Dragon_Born62440.5k
- Ice bowby Raspy Make122441.3k
- cross bowby Witty Goat72441.8k
- ener bow52440.9k
- rainbow bowby Steve Paul172446.4k
- bow water72441.5k
- magma bow52440.4k
- The bow of Pro Gamersby Poseidon102441.4k
- corrupted bow122442.3k
- red wieRD jOtl22441k
- IDJITOTIC TING42441k
- The lending hand62440.9k
- Diamond Bow82441.2k
- flameing bowby JJ42441.1k
- Grenadeby CaptainKirk102441.1k
- OMEGA CRAZY BOWby Fuzzy File52441.2k
- OMEGA CRAZY BOWby Fuzzy File62441.3k
- The cool!!!by Stiff Key22440.9k
- Sun God Bow02440.9k
- Golden Emerald BOW22440.4k
- Frost Bow32441k
- nether bowby ninja12441k
- god bowby Broken Fruit22440.4k
- cop bow02441.5k
- electric bow62441.3k
- mega bow22440.8k
- Plazma bow and arrow22440.8k
- Nether Bow12440.7k
- Hawkeye's Boundbow32440.5k
- bow way32441.2k
- strongest bow22440.3k
- Star Bowby Pleased Bug12440.8k
- Hunters bowby littlegsxr22441.3k
- Sweet Bow22441.3k
- GOD BOW42440.9k
- tridentby Broken Fruit52411.1k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|Data Values||Hex: 105 Dec: 261|
A Bow is an item that can be used to attack mobs , assuming the player has arrows in their inventory. To fire the bow, hold down right-click to charge the shot, then release to fire. A bow can be used 385 times before it breaks. The damage and range depend on how far back the arrow was drawn; for best results shoot at maximum charge. A fully charged bow will be known by two ways. First, the bow is fully charged when it stops the drawing animation and begins shaking, or the bow's arrow when shot will leave a particle trail, much like that of a critical hit when jumping and attacking with a sword.
The bow is best used to take on mobs at a distance or where sword attacks could endanger the player (such as engaging Creepers ).
When fighting a Creeper or another mob, try to hit the block beneath it so you can keep a distance as aiming at the torso will slow you down and allow said mob to advance. Shooting from above ledges is the most effective way to kill mobs and/or a player, however when aiming stay close to the edge and sneak so you don't fall off the ledge. Bows are best used when fighting range attack mobs like Skeletons. The farther the bow is pulled, the farther the arrow will go.
Bow in PvP
Bows are an excellent initiator or full-length combat weapon if the opposing player is without one. The bow starts to lose its significance quickly when opponents adorn armor. To say that the bow is "over-powered" is clearly a matter of opinion. A shooter atop a tower would certain seem "over-powered" because the enemies can not reach him, however, on solid ground, sword wielders would easily run him down. To really keep the bow significant, enchanting the bow is nearly required of it in PvP , unless if is simply a defensive weapon in the defense of towers, walls, etc.
As of 1.2.5, enchantments have been added to bows, including Power , Flame , Infinity , Punch and Unbreaking .
- Flame (I) adds fire to the bow, said more simply making an arrow light on fire when it is ejected from an arrow and makes the cooked version of meat from cows , pigs , and chicken if they are killed by the fire.
- Infinity (I) makes you have unlimited arrows so long as you have at least one arrow in your inventory.
- Punch (I-II) is equivalent to Knockback .
- Power (I-V) increases damage per shot. Only up to Power IV can be obtained from enchanting depending on the level, 30 being the max. In Survival Mode , Power V can only be obtained by combining two Power IV enchantments from another bow or a book.
- Unbreaking (I-III) increases the bow's durability. However, this enchantment is not the most useful for a bow.
- Skeletons will now rarely drop bows, and also even more rarely drop an already enchanted bow (Assuming the skeleton killed was holding an enchanted bow), but the bow will be damaged as of 1.4.5.
- There was a bug in 1.5.1 where arrows would stop in mid-air.
- Another bug was that when bows fired their last shot and broke another one would appear as if you only dropped it, making you have a duplicated bow with unlimited durability.
- A bow at its maximum force can destroy a minecart or a boat with one arrow.
- In the PS4 Version , a bow will only damage another player that has PvP privileges enabled, even if the attacking player has PvP privileges. This may be a bug. Example: P1 has PvP, P2 does not. P1 shoots at P2 but the arrows will simply bounce off or have no effect (the arrows may become glitched and appear in the air still). If P2 has PvP, then P2 will take damage from P1's arrows.
- The bow now has an animation in 1.9 The Combat Update
- Arrows shot from a bow by either a Skeleton, or a player will stick into whatever surface they strike (including players). They will remain there, Despawning after one minute.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!