- rainbow book0226.1k
- pencil and paper2226.2k
- rainbow book written36227.9k
- bbbbooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooby tsen a l1226k
- https://www.tynker.com/minecraft/console - Builder0227.4k
- Emerald Book Writtenby Muddled Pelt0225.9k
- Published Pixie Bookby Meddling Gel2226k
- cavaliers bookby iam64705226k
- book2by ninja boi0226.3k
- Written Book0225.9k
- listby Mia0226.3k
- Locked Book1226.2k
- blue bookby Weighty Chef0226.3k
- SMW Mario Headby Marcos4232.2k
- chriss book of spells0226.2k
- Dairyby malinki0226.2k
- read me!by Modern Pedal0225.9k
- icecream samwhich0226.2k
- Idk....By:pup1a1by Pup1a13226.6k
- Dirt Book0226k
- Bookby Mad Tuba1225.9k
- couculatorby Boorish Map0225.9k
- The Bible0226.2k
- XTech Guide6225.9k
- spiderman book0226.7k
- 3rd jurnal2226.2k
- writenby Weepy Proton0226.2k
- Unicorn stories1226.7k
- the magic book of life1226.2k
- Ancient Bookby Nosy Frame0225.9k
- superbookby Taut Comb1226.1k
- Entry #10226.1k
- ice creamby Pitiful Map0226.3k
- choclate chip cookie ice cream1226.3k
- library portal0226.2k
- written letter0226k
- Written book0225.9k
- Tom Riddle's diary1220.3k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
Book and Quill
|First Appearance||12w17a Snapshot (April 26, 2012)|
|Data Values||Hex: 182 Dec: 386|
How To Use
To use a book you must first craft one (see crafting below). Once you have a book and quill, select the item in your Player 's hand and right click (for PC, use item for other systems). This will bring up the book editor screen. The player may then type the desired contents into the page, up to the thirteen lines. To go to another page click the forward arrow, while the back arrow goes to the previous page. The page does not have to contain text to proceed to the next page. When the player has finished editing, click done to close the book, or if the book should be finished editing for good, click "Sign" to permanently close the book for reading only. Once signed a book glows like an Enchanted Book .
It can be used as instructions to players in Multi-player mode by creating copies of a signed book that cannot be edited. This is handy when put in chests or dispensers at the spawn of a server for new players to access. Alternatively Signs are used in the same fashion. In addition players can make stories out of them and make book stores or libraries for role playing servers. Another use of the book is to be used as a "to do list." This is done by writing tasks into the book and clicking "Done" instead of "Sign" which will let the player endlessly edit the book an infinite number of times, thus allowing for the list to be updated constantly. This is more handy than the traditional sign "to do list" because it is portable. There are many other uses as well, depending on the gamer's creativity.
The Book and Quill is craftable in the PS4 console version, however a current glitch means that it is unusable, as any changes to unsigned book are not saved if you hold another item, and attempting to sign book tells you that you will no longer be able to make changes, but then nothing else happens. You have to back out of the menu and the book remains unsigned.
- Writing on the last page saves all pages between regardless of whether or not they are blank
- Deleting the text on the last page(s) will leave blank pages saved, however, when closing and opening the book with "Done," the book will no longer have those trailing blank pages saved.
- Sometimes, Written Books may be part of a trade offered by a Villager Priest.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!