- rainbow book0234.2k
- pencil and paper2234.3k
- rainbow book written36236k
- bbbbooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooby tsen a l1234.1k
- https://www.tynker.com/minecraft/console - Builder0235.5k
- Emerald Book Writtenby Muddled Pelt0234k
- Published Pixie Bookby Meddling Gel2234.2k
- cavaliers bookby iam64705234.2k
- book2by ninja boi0234.4k
- Written Book0234k
- listby Mia0234.5k
- Locked Book1234.3k
- blue bookby Weighty Chef0234.5k
- SMW Mario Headby Marcos4240.3k
- chriss book of spells0234.4k
- Dairyby malinki0234.3k
- read me!by Modern Pedal0234k
- icecream samwhich0234.4k
- Idk....By:pup1a1by Pup1a13234.8k
- Dirt Book0234.2k
- Bookby Mad Tuba1234k
- couculatorby Boorish Map0234k
- The Bible0234.3k
- XTech Guide6234k
- spiderman book0234.9k
- 3rd jurnal2234.3k
- writenby Weepy Proton0234.3k
- Unicorn stories1234.9k
- the magic book of life1234.3k
- Ancient Bookby Nosy Frame0234k
- superbookby Taut Comb1234.2k
- Entry #10234.2k
- ice creamby Pitiful Map0234.4k
- choclate chip cookie ice cream1234.4k
- library portal0234.3k
- written letter0234.1k
- Written book0234.1k
- Tom Riddle's diary1228.4k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
Book and Quill
|First Appearance||12w17a Snapshot (April 26, 2012)|
|Data Values||Hex: 182 Dec: 386|
How To Use
To use a book you must first craft one (see crafting below). Once you have a book and quill, select the item in your Player 's hand and right click (for PC, use item for other systems). This will bring up the book editor screen. The player may then type the desired contents into the page, up to the thirteen lines. To go to another page click the forward arrow, while the back arrow goes to the previous page. The page does not have to contain text to proceed to the next page. When the player has finished editing, click done to close the book, or if the book should be finished editing for good, click "Sign" to permanently close the book for reading only. Once signed a book glows like an Enchanted Book .
It can be used as instructions to players in Multi-player mode by creating copies of a signed book that cannot be edited. This is handy when put in chests or dispensers at the spawn of a server for new players to access. Alternatively Signs are used in the same fashion. In addition players can make stories out of them and make book stores or libraries for role playing servers. Another use of the book is to be used as a "to do list." This is done by writing tasks into the book and clicking "Done" instead of "Sign" which will let the player endlessly edit the book an infinite number of times, thus allowing for the list to be updated constantly. This is more handy than the traditional sign "to do list" because it is portable. There are many other uses as well, depending on the gamer's creativity.
The Book and Quill is craftable in the PS4 console version, however a current glitch means that it is unusable, as any changes to unsigned book are not saved if you hold another item, and attempting to sign book tells you that you will no longer be able to make changes, but then nothing else happens. You have to back out of the menu and the book remains unsigned.
- Writing on the last page saves all pages between regardless of whether or not they are blank
- Deleting the text on the last page(s) will leave blank pages saved, however, when closing and opening the book with "Done," the book will no longer have those trailing blank pages saved.
- Sometimes, Written Books may be part of a trade offered by a Villager Priest.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!