- diaryby Broken Fruit0197.4k
- pink book2197.6k
- Pink storie book2197.8k
- book man2197.7k
- Enchanter's Wizardry Scroll0198k
- Math Notebookby Suthsy0197.5k
- MAGIC BOOK0197.8k
- candy book and quillby adison zom3198.3k
- Emerald Book Writableby Muddled Pelt0197.4k
- BOOK AND LOLby Noted Name0197.9k
- Iphone 6by Wet Nurse14198.2k
- Diaryby smartest.mar0197.7k
- Pink Diary0197.7k
- bookby ninja boi0197.8k
- Writable Book1197.4k
- iPad Proby Gray Pay0197.7k
- Book In Quillby Meddling Gel0197.5k
- colorful bookby PRO.COM0197.4k
- pretty note bookby Fluffy Aphid2198.8k
- BOOK of SECRETS0197.7k
- Lightning Tome0197.4k
- your boooookby Moroniq0197.4k
- IPHONE 61197.9k
- dairyby Vix0197.5k
- note book with pencilby Juvenile Gem1199k
- bOOKS FOR NOOBS LIKE ME0198k
- THE CRAZZY BOOKby Madly Hippo0197.7k
- budy fether0197.7k
- book of magnusby Right Store1197.8k
- hiby Holistic Run0197.7k
- Cotten Book0197.7k
- Minecraft diary3197.7k
- Giftby Suburban Ant0197.6k
- Bronco Book Writableby Huge Knee1197.6k
- Ur secret diary to LOVEby Popular Zone2197.9k
- study book and pencil0145.4k
- paper and pencilby Spry Dusk1129.7k
- blue book1129.8k
- Book and quill0129.6k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
Book and Quill
|First Appearance||12w17a Snapshot (April 26, 2012)|
|Data Values||Hex: 182 Dec: 386|
How To Use
To use a book you must first craft one (see crafting below). Once you have a book and quill, select the item in your Player 's hand and right click (for PC, use item for other systems). This will bring up the book editor screen. The player may then type the desired contents into the page, up to the thirteen lines. To go to another page click the forward arrow, while the back arrow goes to the previous page. The page does not have to contain text to proceed to the next page. When the player has finished editing, click done to close the book, or if the book should be finished editing for good, click "Sign" to permanently close the book for reading only. Once signed a book glows like an Enchanted Book .
It can be used as instructions to players in Multi-player mode by creating copies of a signed book that cannot be edited. This is handy when put in chests or dispensers at the spawn of a server for new players to access. Alternatively Signs are used in the same fashion. In addition players can make stories out of them and make book stores or libraries for role playing servers. Another use of the book is to be used as a "to do list." This is done by writing tasks into the book and clicking "Done" instead of "Sign" which will let the player endlessly edit the book an infinite number of times, thus allowing for the list to be updated constantly. This is more handy than the traditional sign "to do list" because it is portable. There are many other uses as well, depending on the gamer's creativity.
The Book and Quill is craftable in the PS4 console version, however a current glitch means that it is unusable, as any changes to unsigned book are not saved if you hold another item, and attempting to sign book tells you that you will no longer be able to make changes, but then nothing else happens. You have to back out of the menu and the book remains unsigned.
- Writing on the last page saves all pages between regardless of whether or not they are blank
- Deleting the text on the last page(s) will leave blank pages saved, however, when closing and opening the book with "Done," the book will no longer have those trailing blank pages saved.
- Sometimes, Written Books may be part of a trade offered by a Villager Priest.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!