- diaryby Broken Fruit0226.6k
- pink book2226.9k
- Pink storie book2227k
- book man2226.9k
- Math Notebookby Suthsy0226.7k
- MAGIC BOOK0227k
- candy book and quillby adison zom3227.6k
- Emerald Book Writableby Muddled Pelt0226.6k
- BOOK AND LOLby Noted Name0227.2k
- Iphone 6by Wet Nurse14227.5k
- Diaryby smartest.mar0226.9k
- Pink Diary0226.9k
- bookby ninja boi0227.1k
- Writable Book1226.6k
- iPad Proby Gray Pay0227k
- Book In Quillby Meddling Gel0226.7k
- colorful bookby PRO.COM0226.6k
- pretty note bookby Fluffy Aphid2228.1k
- BOOK of SECRETS0226.9k
- Lightning Tome0226.6k
- your boooookby Moroniq0226.6k
- IPHONE 61227.1k
- dairyby Vix0226.7k
- note book with pencilby Juvenile Gem1228.2k
- bOOKS FOR NOOBS LIKE ME0227.3k
- THE CRAZZY BOOKby Madly Hippo0226.9k
- budy fether0227k
- book of magnusby Right Store1227k
- hiby Holistic Run0226.9k
- Cotten Book0226.9k
- Minecraft diary3226.9k
- Giftby Suburban Ant0226.8k
- Bronco Book Writableby Huge Knee1226.8k
- Ur secret diary to LOVEby Popular Zone2227.1k
- study book and pencil0174.6k
- paper and pencilby Spry Dusk1159k
- blue book1159k
- Book and quill0158.8k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
Book and Quill
|First Appearance||12w17a Snapshot (April 26, 2012)|
|Data Values||Hex: 182 Dec: 386|
How To Use
To use a book you must first craft one (see crafting below). Once you have a book and quill, select the item in your Player 's hand and right click (for PC, use item for other systems). This will bring up the book editor screen. The player may then type the desired contents into the page, up to the thirteen lines. To go to another page click the forward arrow, while the back arrow goes to the previous page. The page does not have to contain text to proceed to the next page. When the player has finished editing, click done to close the book, or if the book should be finished editing for good, click "Sign" to permanently close the book for reading only. Once signed a book glows like an Enchanted Book .
It can be used as instructions to players in Multi-player mode by creating copies of a signed book that cannot be edited. This is handy when put in chests or dispensers at the spawn of a server for new players to access. Alternatively Signs are used in the same fashion. In addition players can make stories out of them and make book stores or libraries for role playing servers. Another use of the book is to be used as a "to do list." This is done by writing tasks into the book and clicking "Done" instead of "Sign" which will let the player endlessly edit the book an infinite number of times, thus allowing for the list to be updated constantly. This is more handy than the traditional sign "to do list" because it is portable. There are many other uses as well, depending on the gamer's creativity.
The Book and Quill is craftable in the PS4 console version, however a current glitch means that it is unusable, as any changes to unsigned book are not saved if you hold another item, and attempting to sign book tells you that you will no longer be able to make changes, but then nothing else happens. You have to back out of the menu and the book remains unsigned.
- Writing on the last page saves all pages between regardless of whether or not they are blank
- Deleting the text on the last page(s) will leave blank pages saved, however, when closing and opening the book with "Done," the book will no longer have those trailing blank pages saved.
- Sometimes, Written Books may be part of a trade offered by a Villager Priest.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!