- tvby Seemly Ghost1153.3k
- Note bloke3154.1k
- Best Jukebox1153.4k
- Press start0153.8k
- Music box (note block)0154k
- girly noteblock0153.3k
- cheese blockby Russel0153.4k
- Black Blue Red0153.5k
- IM SORRY DUDE1153.5k
- emoji block0153.7k
- note block1153.6k
- radioby TMG1012153.7k
- sponge bob0153.3k
- Music Blockby Big M1153.6k
- Tinker Noteblockby Beast0158k
- bomb blockby i <3 cats!0153.4k
- The Epic HeadPhone0153.4k
- never matching blockby Unhappy Fox0153.2k
- Chess Block0153.4k
- cartoon nuke2154.4k
- RAINBOW NOTEBLOCK6153.6k
- music controler0153.7k
- Mega Blockby Icky Shampoo1153.5k
- note block1153.3k
- RAINBOW NOTES!by Taboo Jungle1153.4k
- DANCE NOW0153.4k
- Smooth Criminal block(Michael Jackson)by Quick Sense2153.7k
- neon blockby Bright Grip1153.3k
- Puppets music boxby Pure Scepter1153.9k
- The Note Blockby Thorny Truth0153.2k
- New music boxby Partial Hand0153.7k
- mlg block0153.4k
- gold and diamond noteblock4153.4k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Beta 1.2 (PC) / 0.13.0 (PE)|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Tool Used||Axe Graphic|
|Data Values||Hex: 19 Dec: 25|
A Note Block will play a note when hit or when powered by redstone . Redstone current only causes the note to play once, even if it is a continuous current. A note block must have at least one block of air above it to play a sound. Notes can be heard up to 48 blocks away. Each time a note block plays a note, a note particle will fly out of the top, with the color depending on the pitch (but not the instrument). It is possible to make an automatic note block sequence and its relatively cheap to do in survival. Get a Minecart, Powered rail, and detector rail; you can place the rail and power it. Then put the detector rail down and put Redstone leading to a Note Block. Then simply repeat the process until you have all the Note Blocks you want. Then walk into the Minecart (you don't have to ride it.) Then let the Minecart do the rest; you've got an automatic Note Block song!
In order to wire Note Blocks to play a note, power must be applied to the side of the Note Block using Redstone Dust and a Switch or Redstone Torch, or to the bottom using a redstone torch directly. Simply placing a switch or pressure plate on an adjacent block or providing power to the block beneath the Note Block will not work.
If one wants to get a richer tone in the song/sound they're creating they can bind different notes together into a chord, just like in most instruments. This will not only get a better sound to the song, it will also be simpler to place the Redstone.
- Note Blocks can only play when there is at least one block of air above them, so you cannot place blocks like torches and signs directly above Note Blocks (including water).
- In the coding, note blocks are referenced as "music blocks".
- You can make a doorbell or even replicate a music track using note blocks.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!