- mr. colorfulby Adored March0107.4k
- Noob Gravel0107.2k
- end portal blockby Davyplays1108k
- hack gravle0107.6k
- Nerd brain0107.5k
- Red Gravelby Steady Troll0107.4k
- Speckled gravleby Super Swag1107.9k
- ice gravel0107.4k
- Smooth Gravel1107.3k
- Rainbow Gravel!by Same Fog1107.3k
- smilyby FIFI0107.4k
- BV Gravelby Mothman0107.3k
- golden amantheys block2107.3k
- abandon house carpet0107.6k
- Party gravel0107.2k
- Sedimentary Rock0107.2k
- Dirty stone0107.2k
- masked Woman0107.4k
- odd keystone0107.3k
- Infected coal block2108.1k
- whitescreenby thelastking0107.2k
- Hot rocks0107.2k
- invisable block1113k
- cookie block2107.2k
- popby Candid Knock1107.2k
- under pantz0107.2k
- gravelby Loving Wish3107.3k
- meby Late Unicorn0107.1k
- making gravel great againby Strong Buy0107.9k
- Master blockby Levetti2107.2k
- rainbow gravel1107k
- FNAF block3110.4k
- gravrockby VVXZ0107.7k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Classic 0.0.14a|
|Type of Block||Solid block|
|Data Values||Hex: 0D Dec: 13|
Gravel is a medium grey block with dark grey marks on it. Its previous texture had a pink/purple tint, but this was changed.
Gravel's abundance and gravity-obeying property makes it useful for a variety of tasks, along with its gravity-obeying partner, Sand . For exploration, it can be used to quickly build pillars to reach heights that are easy to dismantle after. They can also be used to quickly fill in Water or Lava lakes by dropping them on the edges or against overhead blocks, so that they fall and occupy the fluids. Filling caves in with Gravel is a quick way to prevent mobs from spawning. Mobs can be suffocated with Gravel, too. This is an efficient way to raid a dungeon. If mined, Gravel has a slight chance of dropping Flints . If using a Tool with the Fortune Enchantment, however, there is a 100% chance the player will find Flints.
Gravel is also commonly used for traps where pistons move down, allowing the gravel to move down as well, so something else such as water or lava will flow in where the gravel was, effectively making a bridge across a moat. This saves the player from having to use Slimeballs for Sticky Pistons . Another trap that Gravel is useful for is setting a suffocation trap. This is where pistons would be triggered and retract sideways, allowing the gravel to fall on top of whoever was below.
- In the Nether , it is possible to find massive cliffs made of naturally-floating Gravel. Just like with Sand, if any are destroyed, replaced, removed, or if a Ghast's fireball hits them, all of the adjacent floating blocks will collapse.
- Back in beta versions, there were errors of Gravel appearing everywhere (even in The Void , though it is extremely, extremely rare.) These masses were called "Gravel beaches," which can still be seen in the Overworld .
- In caves (mainly ravines) there is another glitch called "floating Gravel" in which Gravel is floating in midair without any block under it. A simple hit can cause the gravel patches to fall. This can happen in Mineshafts.
- Gravel is used as a pathway in NPC Villages. Due to its gravity obeying nature, it can collapse into caves, leaving villagers trapped underground. This will be fixed in version 1.8: Cobblestone will generate underneath the Gravel pathways, preventing it from collapsing.
- As a version exclusive, gravel that is capable of collapsing releases particles in Pocket Edition.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!