- Derp Block6605.9k
- Shadowby Soldier294604.5k
- Instagram block black and white version20597.6k
- rainbow dirt1604.7k
- RAINBOW DIRT6604.9k
- Lucky Block3605.2k
- overgrown purple plantby CODER5471605.4k
- lava secured block2604.9k
- trick blockby <:3598.8k
- Pig nose0598k
- Noob Dirt2602.7k
- CUTE PURPLE CAT!8599.9k
- apocalyptic block (alternate universe)1597.6k
- Dirt Block1596.7k
- Grass/dirt blockby AlphaCount0597.5k
- Desert Planet3597.4k
|First Appearance||Classic Pre 0.0.9a|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 03 Dec: 03|
Dirt is not used in any Crafting recipes whatsoever (but some mods have crafting with dirt). Some uses offered by this block are as a necessity for growing certain plants after being tilled with a Hoe , though Sugar Cane and Saplings don't need tilling. Dirt can also be used as a cheap material for when a player wishes to block off branches of a Cavern , build walls or scaffolds, stack to get to high places, or any similar task that requires a medium to large number of blocks that are not affected by gravity and are fireproof. It is also commonly used on Survival if the player didn't obtain wood or cobblestone, making it an important building material for the first night and if the player does not have enough time to build they can dig a hole and cover it with dirt to survive.
- A bug in Minecraft Beta 1.8 pre-release allowed any Block (including Bedrock ) to change into Dirt when a Huge Mushrooms was grown on it. This was later fixed in the second pre-release of version 1.8 so that Huge Mushrooms can only be grown on Dirt, Grass or Mycelium .
- Dirt slabs were added in Survival Test, but were quickly removed. Grass didn't grow on the slabs.
- Grass didn't grow on the slabs.
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0