- pink crsytalby Quaint Plane81697.7k
- Diamond Ore21697.1k
- TacoTanium (The best ore)41697.1k
- Adamantium Oreby Weary Reason51697.6k
- Tsunamis ore41697.3k
- Dark Rainbow_ore81697.8k
- TOXIC GOD ORE61698.5k
- end ore71697.8k
- Rainbow Ore Blockby cymbalism91698k
- Rainbow ore31697.1k
- Skatter Block31697.1k
- rainbow ore41697.2k
- Rainbow ore41697.5k
- Purple diamond21697.3k
- ender oreby Dylan_craft41697.8k
- command ore21697.6k
- rainbow ore41697.4k
- party dicso ore41697.4k
- A Block of Enderman21698.5k
- Titanium Oreby Salty Hippo41697.8k
- wood oreby Irate Attack31697.5k
- smokey qaurtsby Torn Lazor31697.1k
- Diamond Oreby ChrisFH931700.2k
- Pink Diamondby Parsunic81698.1k
- Shadow Ore31698k
- Dark Nightmarium Ore91696.9k
- Golden Diamond Oreby Sugland61697.5k
- fire oreby Agile Kelp41697.3k
- Cute diamond ore31699.4k
- Mosaic Oreby TheRealAwix211699.4k
- Rainbow Ore61698.7k
- diamondby Immense Wink21697.4k
- ender oreby Funny Swan41697.4k
- nether coalby Elite Shelf81697.9k
- masked diamond21697.2k
- infectid dimond block11697.2k
- lava ore11697.1k
- Noob Diamond Ore31700.6k
- rainbow diamond ore21697.4k
- Rainbow ore111698.9k
- uranyumby Legal Shoe21656.3k
- pink ore11646.9k
- Ruby Oreby Kitty61546.9k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Indev 0.31 (January 29, 2010)|
|Type of Block||Solid Block; Ore|
|Data Values||Hex: 38 Dec: 56|
Immediately after mining the block, you acquire a diamond , rather than the ore itself. Diamond can be used to make very strong tools and durable armor. However, diamonds are quite hard to find, and are usually located from 0 to 16 layers above the Bedrock level. To mine diamond ore, the player will need an Iron or diamond pickaxe. To obtain the diamond ore block, it must be mined with the Silk Touch enchantment . Often, you will encounter underground dungeons while digging and can loot Chests within to find diamonds and other ores.
Diamond ores appear at layers 7-13, and sometimes being found at bedrock layer. There are many popular and efficient ways to find diamond. One such way is to randomly dig Layer 10, and depending on your luck you'll get 16-34 diamonds with 8-10 Iron Pickaxes being used and destroyed. It will also be a good idea to enchant the Pickaxe with Unbreaking or Enchantments#Efficiency|Efficiency]] before you start to dig.
Mining a diamond ore itself requires silk touch enchantment, which then can be used with a fortune I, II OR III enchantment for a chance to get more diamonds
- Diamond, like other ores, is easier to find in caves and empty lava pools, as this gives more surface area.
- Like other ores, diamond was about 50% more common in the quadrant south-west of the point (0,0) compared to the north-east quadrant. However, this was fixed in Beta 1.6.
- In some vein formations, ores connect diagonally. Therefore, it is recommended to mine around diamond ore. This also permits checking for lava .
- Diamond Ore, along with other ores, appears in the background on the achievement page.
- Diamonds are the second-rarest item in the game, the first being emerald ore , as of 1.3.2, which comes in smaller veins than diamond, usually only 1 or 2 ore blocks.
- Diamond ore could not be found or placed in Classic as of version 0.30.
- Diamond ore is the most praised and used ore on pocket edition, PC, and the Xbox 360 edition since the ore provides stronger armor, tools and weapons.
- Like coal ore , Diamond ore doesn't need to be smelted.
- Diamond Ore is technically not an ore as it is a precious stone rather than a malleable material/metal.
- Diamond Ore can have as many as 10 ores congruent, whereas gold ore only goes up to 9. This however is a rarity and is not always found.
- Diamond Ore is most popular at layer 11 around lava or ravines.
- If you are having trouble finding diamond, make a strip mine at level 10, and it will cover layers, 9, 10, 11, and 12.
- Notch has many times considered changing the diamond ore to look the same as Emerald ore but change its colour to cyan instead of green.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!