- broken instragram block and glitch8701k
- the yin of yang6724.7k
- lucky block2724.8k
- 4th of July10725.3k
- Extra Heartby Soldier2917699.5k
- Heartby Soldier292724.5k
- Instagram Block36702k
- RAiNBOW BLOCKby Fortnite God521743.5k
- MyBlockby Rash Power1724.6k
- Instagram Block43703.9k
- ROBLOXby DJ Llama1725.5k
- real jeepby Plaid Gum11699.9k
- color full blockby gracy1724.7k
- 6 headit zombe blockby MR duck3726.7k
- Alex's special clay2724.8k
- The Yin & Yang2724.8k
- Noob Clay2728.6k
- (F.N.A.F.) Blank Wall0725k
- broken House0725.2k
- forget me not clay0724.8k
- color boxby Grim Piano1724.6k
- rubik 2 x 21724.5k
- block of googleby K2S03725k
- Color Clay5725.4k
- pokemon ball11727.5k
- Gold clayby Macho Signal0724.6k
- Pac-Man eating a Ghostby mr oof3726.7k
- Colour Boxby Careful Rock0724.6k
- Ignighted clay0724.7k
- House in the summer19704.3k
- rainbow picture0724.6k
- Blue blue blue blue red blue blue black red blue r3726.2k
- checker boardby awesome guy0655.6k
- cabageby Modern Pedal0593.8k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Alpha 1.0.11|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 52 Dec: 82|
The primary use for Clay Blocks is as a storage item for Clay balls. As of 1.6.1, it can be smelted to make Hardened Clay, a decoration block.
- In real life, the color of clay can actually be bright red, a deep red, tan, or brown due to iron mixing with the clay, not just gray. Clay will also keep its color in block form. This means that Bricks, after Clay is smelted in the Furnace, should be gray and not red-brown.
- Clay is usually found underground in the real world, unlike in the game, where it is commonly found in shallow water.
- If inventory space is tight, Clay balls can be formed back into Clay Blocks using the inventory crafting grid. This is a good way to conserve space, but the Blocks must be placed and destroyed again to get the Clay balls back.
- As of the 1.6.1 release, Clay Blocks can now be smelted into Hardened Clay, which can then be dyed. This makes Clay Blocks, Wood , and Netherrack the only Blocks that can be smelted. Clay is also the only Block that, when smelted, makes a Block; the other two make items, namely Charcoal and Nether Bricks respectively.
- It is best to find a way to shovel the Clay above water, as it will take longer to break the Block while underwater.
- During Beta 1.6, in newly generated chunks, Clay Blocks were nearly nonexistent. To be specific, Clay only generated when the x and z coordinates were the same, severely limiting the amount of Clay on the map. This was fixed in 1.7. Back then, Clay was actually rarer than Diamond . This led to the phrase "You missed clay!".
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!