- american flag3972.8k
- Snapchatby THEATER_NERD1972.9k
- Bunte Kiste0972.6k
- stary blinder1972.4k
- libray funby littlegsxr2973.5k
- Mage TNT0973.3k
- Baby Pumpkin2973.7k
- Evil Pumkin 2by Darkstalker7974.2k
- Copy of Dsk0972.5k
- AC-DC TNT BOOKSHELF0972.8k
- clothing blockby Daisy(^. ^)11955.5k
- Magicalby Worn Bloom16955k
- The Worthy Shining Block (Rainbow)by TheEpicBomb0972.8k
- The Worthy Shining Block (Orange)by TheEpicBomb0972.8k
- Shayla'S Special Bookshelf1972.5k
- shadow blockby Evil Stamp0972.4k
- The check1973k
- toilet block0973k
- Rainbow Bookshelfby cymbalism14958.1k
- Lovely booksby nelxia0972.9k
- sunset blockby DexStar1973k
- Noob Bookshelf2977.6k
- south African flagby Valid Start0972.5k
- the ultimate block1972.6k
- Bock shelf 2by Macho Shoe7972.9k
- Ivisible Block0972.6k
- Rainbow pastel bookshelfby Spooky Gate3974.3k
- colorful bookshelfby Ocean1972.6k
- Mapping bookshelfby Third Jewel0972.9k
- Cute Book Shelfby Lovely Cook1973.6k
- Bookshelfby AlphaCount0972.6k
- Kids Bookshelf1973k
- Gaia Planet0972.9k
- secret doorby Nickname5974.2k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Survival Test 0.26-|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Tool Used||Axe Graphic|
|Data Values||Hex: 2F Dec: 47|
Bookshelves are generated in Libraries , inside Strongholds , and within NPC Villages . A single Bookshelf can be crafted by arranging six Wooden Planks and three Books . Whenever a Bookshelf is destroyed, it will drop three books. Bookshelves are very important for improving Enchantment Tables . When placed close to one, it will begin to send floating white symbols to the book. This grants the player a chance to receive better enchantments, though not guaranteed. To function, a bookshelf must be within a two-block distance of the enchanting table, with one empty space and no obstructions between. The bookshelf will still be in proximity if stacked up to three blocks high. An enchanting table can connect to no more than 15 bookshelf blocks within range, any additional bookshelves do not contribute to the enchanting effect.
Bookshelves were added in the 0.26 patch of Survival Test, but they were not able to be naturally spawned until the 0.28 patch. They were left in obscurity, as they could not be crafted until Beta. Bookshelves and libraries were finally implemented in Beta 1.9 pre-release 3, as they could be used to receive higher enchantments on weapons and tools. As of Beta 1.9, destroying a Bookshelf will drop three Books. Bookshelves can also be obtained in a trade with Villagers as of 1.3.1.
- Bookshelves are also in Minecraft Java Edition .
- A Bookshelf Block will always have exactly the same books in exactly the same places, meaning that the books are either exactly the same, or books in series.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!