- spooky stalkersby Jackdabeast0193.7k
- A deadly snake?!by Pup1a11193.2k
- earwigby Evil Stamp0192.7k
- nmbgvby cool1192.6k
- girl silver fish1194.1k
- Baby Silverfish1193.3k
- SPRK rollerby Junior Flash0192.8k
- Temple Guardianby KestrelMoon3192.8k
- pac-manby The Youtuber1194.2k
- The BlackFish0192.7k
- Void_Thing.exeby Xeronias1192.9k
- Beeby Arid Magic0193.4k
- Rainbow killa0192.8k
- swamp monsterby Humble Echo1193.2k
- cotton candy fishby lol69pygamer1192.9k
- Hedge Hog1193k
- Bugby WISE MAN1192.9k
- paint war silver fish0193.2k
- Spiny Reptile monsterby Nosy Frame1192.9k
- fsdby Ajar Taste0192.7k
- glitter fishby nciholas0193.1k
- black fish0192.7k
- GOLDFISHby Liquid Drone0193.3k
- moverby ripjaw5192.7k
- SILVERFISH EXTREMEby sakurav0193.3k
- Silverbot 2000by Scaly Cactus0192.9k
- Pinkfishby Weary Pug2192.8k
- ZICA VIRROS REVENSO0193k
- evil wet silverfishby Exalted Kiwi1192.2k
- evilby Various Time0163.9k
- silverfishby Dr. FXP0161.4k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|Attack Strength||9px-Half Heart.svg|
|Spawn||After mining block 46 in extreme hills biomes or from spawners in strongholds|
Silverfish can spawn from silverfish blocks and monster spawners . They are also able to spawn, albeit rarely, underground in extreme hill biomes, inside of certain blocks. In the latter case, they can only spawn in light level 11 or lower, except on top of stone blocks, where they can spawn at any light level. They also cannot spawn within a five block distance of any player. These restrictions only apply when spawning from a monster spawner, and not from a Silverfish block.
When attacked, Silverfish may awaken nearby Silverfish blocks. This can lead to a terrifying swarm if there are enough in the vicinity, and in which an uncontrolled swarm can quickly destroy dozens of stone bricks within a Stronghold. They scurry away after the player moves a short distance. They do not have the same sounds as spiders since the 1.0.0 update.
It is advised to avoid conflicts with silverfish altogether, as they will simply generate a massive swarm that can easily out-gun an inexperienced player. If the player does, however, choose to challenge silverfish, it is advised that they wear armor as silverfish can quickly deal massive amounts of damage as the swarm grows. Melee weapons are advised as silverfish are the smallest mob that naturally spawns. If the player is experienced with a bow, then using ranged combat may reduce the size of a swarm.
A simple tactic to combat a swarm of silverfish is to simply build a two-block high pillar and attack from there, as silverfish do not have any range and only deal damage via contact.
- The I.D. for the Silverfish block is 97, and can be hacked in through mods or by using the /give command in multiplayer, levels with cheats activated, or through LAN.
- Silverfish have been included in the Xbox 360 version, but are planned to be implemented in the "Adventure Update".
- Silverfish, along with Endermen, Had a placeholder sound in Beta 1.8 but they got their own sounds on the 1.0 Update. Before 1.0, Silverfish shared the same sound with Spiders .
- Silverfish can be spawned in Creative Mode using the Silverfish Spawn Egg . The silverfish blocks can also be used and are found under the decoration blocks. If a silverfish block is destroyed in Creative mode, a silverfish will still pop out. The silverfish can be extremely intense for those with Entomophobia.
- If a silverfish block is destroyed in Creative mode, a silverfish will still pop out.
- The silverfish can be extremely intense for those with Entomophobia.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!