- cechup and muster0207k
- flint and steelby JJ0206.9k
- DIAMOND COAL BLOCK FROM FLINT AND STEELby Grimy Surf1207.9k
- the dimond flamemakerby Formal Chair3207.5k
- Fire Flowerby Vast Dial13201.1k
- Flint n' Fireby Plant Snake2207k
- ice Flower53203.9k
- Brass F & Sby Salty Hippo1207.1k
- Flint And Diamond2207k
- Portal key0207.5k
- Firestarterby Xandiman1206.9k
- RAINBOW FLINT N STEELby Savage420206.9k
- foxys hook3208.1k
- fire canonby Broken Fruit0207k
- Fire Flower2207.8k
- Portal openerby Blackfire3207.7k
- Flint and gold0207.1k
- cool steelby hacker2480207k
- Fire Flowerby Every Otter0207.5k
- best fire mod3208k
- dimond flint & stellby Wealthy Hose0207.3k
- Charmander Flame2207.5k
- Light Blue Lighter0207.2k
- MCSM flint & stillby Afraid Gnat0207.2k
- yffffffffby coolplayer500207.2k
- Fire Flower1207.7k
- portal flit and steel0207.3k
- Mega Flameflectionby ChainChompie2207k
- Shiny Mega Flameflectionby ChainChompie3207.2k
- steelby Ajar Taste0207k
- flint and emerald0207k
- enchanted flint and steel0207.4k
- Water Flower2207.3k
- ice Flower0207.4k
- flint and steel red0207.5k
- rockesby monkeybum0184.6k
- blue fire flint and steel0158.8k
- Portal Lighterby Filthy Scare1145.1k
- ice Flower1138.2k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
Flint and Steel
|Data Values||Hex: 103 Dec: 259|
The Flint and Steel will create a fire on the targeted surface of a block when used. Some blocks such as wood and wool will burn down when set on fire, but some blocks such as stone , will not be affected. Interestingly, any use on an item will reduce its Durability by one, regardless of whether it is set on fire or not. If used on the top of a non-flammable block like stone, it will set a fire for about a minute and then it will burn out, but if used on the side of the block the fire will burn out immediately. If you place fire near flammable blocks, like wood, it will spread to the flammable blocks, but it will not spread to Netherrack . Flint and steel was also a very infamous griefing tool back before beta 1.6 when fire spread indefinitely, and is still somewhat dangerous.
Flint and Steel can be used to light blocks on fire, activate TNT , or activate Nether Portals. However, Flint and Steel is an infamous griefing tool, explaining why so many beta servers ban Flint and Steel. When a Flint and Steel is placed within a dispenser , when activated, it will set fire to the adjacent block.
Also, Flint and Steel can be used as a weapon. If being chased by a player in Multiplayer PVP, for example, flint and steel can be used to light the player on fire, thus damaging their health.
- In early versions of Indev , the player started with a Flint and Steel in their inventory. Flint and Steel was also found as loot from killing Mobs .
- In the start of Survival Multiplayer, furnaces did not work. There was a mod that turned Flint and Steel into a "lighter" that lit the furnace and made it work.
- Prior to 1.6, fire could spread indefinitely, making Flint and Steel an effective weapon of mass destruction in areas with large, interconnected sections of flammable blocks. Many servers banned and continue to ban the use of Flint and Steel as it can be used for griefing. Following 1.6, fire will no longer spread infinitely.
- Before furnaces , Flint and Steel could be used to smelt Ore .
- As of beta 1.7, left-clicking a block of TNT with a Flint and Steel will ignite it.
- If the player uses Flint and Steel on any animal, excluding Squids and Bats , the meat they drop will be cooked, a faster method than using the furnace.
- Despite the fact that it is called "Flint and Steel", it is made of Flint and an Iron Ingot , not steel.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!