- surpriseby Broken Fruit0121.5k
- trip-chuckby Lacking Post0121.9k
- Silver Fishing Rodby Salty Hippo16119.7k
- Nightmarium Fishing Rod0121.5k
- rainbow fishing rodby nelxia0121.6k
- VERY VERY expensive f0121.5k
- nerf or nouthin1122.3k
- fire Whipby little A0121.6k
- PvP Rod1121.8k
- Nothing Wierd Kby PRO.COM0121.6k
- Blue Rod0121.5k
- swordby Closed Match0121.6k
- sonick wip1121.8k
- fishing rod1121.7k
- spiderman web1122.6k
- rodby Ajar Taste0121.6k
- haulijulaby Caring Start1122k
- fishrod for meby True Step0121.7k
- Blue fishing Rodby Nutty Noise0121.7k
- Blue fishing Rodby Nutty Noise0122.2k
- enchanted fishing pole0121.7k
- fishing rod0121.9k
- austins fishingrod1121.8k
- water fishing rod0122k
- Ariados Pocket Pet0121.8k
- candy fishing rodby Neat Aunt1121.8k
- Nether's Rod2121.7k
- diamond Whip2122k
- Unknown fishing rodby Languid Vest0121.6k
- neon rodby JT9000200121.5k
- dark wandby Sturdy Cup0121.9k
- magic Rod3122.3k
- Fishing Rod0121.9k
- scorpion chane1122k
- Fishing Rod1121.6k
- Fish in a bottleby wamazing1121.9k
- Diamond Whip0121.7k
- rodby Amuck Lunch0121.7k
- color food bate fish rodby ink bendy085.5k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Alpha 1.1.1|
|Data Values||Hex: 15A Dec: 346|
Players can cast the line using the right mouse button. Right-clicking again will reel the line in. The rod can be cast and reeled in 33 times before it will break (65 uses total). Casting it in water and reeling it up without a catch or reeling it up before it reaches its destination does not reduce its durability. The line will "break" in automatically if the player wanders more than 34 blocks away from the place the bobber is stuck in.
If the line is cast in any sort of water, whether the player made or naturally formed, after a while, the bobber on the end of the line will sink briefly before bobbing back up to the surface and will play the splash sound. The line must be reeled in at that precise moment otherwise the catch will escape. The line can be left there to wait for another catch opportunity as long as needed. If successful, a Raw Fish will fly out of the water and land somewhere around the fisher, although it can sometimes fly over the player's head and land far behind them. While you're waiting, bubbles can be seen closing in on the rod, which probably shows the fish coming.
Other uses for the fishing rod include pulling in Mobs closer to the player, pulling Minecarts , and guiding a Pig . It is especially helpful for mobs at a moderate distance from the player or for pulling a Ghast closer so you can more easily defeat it. This technique is also useful against the Ender Dragon .
An unused Fishing Rod can be combined with a Carrot to create a Carrot on a Stick .
You can enchant a fishing rod as of Minecraft version 1.7. The current enchantments include:
- Luck of the Sea- This enchantment makes it more likely that you will get a rare fishing item, such as a saddle or name tag, as opposed to a normal fish.
Luck of the Sea has Three levels; Luck of the Sea I, Luck of the Sea II, and Luck of the Sea III.
- Lure- This enchantment makes it easier to catch fish (less wait time before the next bite). It can be thought of like this: It makes the rod more attractive to fish, therefore making them bite more often.
Lure has Three levels; Lure I, Lure II, and Lure III.
- Unbreaking- Unbreaking can also be added to fishing rods, then making the fishing rod lose durability much slower.
Unbreaking has Three levels; Unbreaking I, Unbreaking II, and Unbreaking III.
- You can kill using the fishing rod by right-clicking with the target in the path of the hook. This will do a half-heart of damage to the player, as well as inflicting knockback.
- You can find items besides fish when fishing. The current possible items include Fish , Salmon , Pufferfish , Saddles , Name Tags , and other items.
- You can fish underwater.
- You can fish in Rain/Storms, which gives you a better chance of finding fish (About every 15 seconds on average).
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!