- rainbow book0233k
- pencil and paper2233.2k
- rainbow book written36234.9k
- bbbbooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooby tsen a l1233k
- https://www.tynker.com/minecraft/console - Builder0234.4k
- Emerald Book Writtenby Muddled Pelt0232.9k
- Published Pixie Bookby Meddling Gel2233k
- cavaliers bookby iam64705233k
- book2by ninja boi0233.3k
- Written Book0232.9k
- listby Mia0233.3k
- Locked Book1233.2k
- blue bookby Weighty Chef0233.3k
- SMW Mario Headby Marcos4239.2k
- chriss book of spells0233.2k
- Dairyby malinki0233.2k
- read me!by Modern Pedal0232.9k
- icecream samwhich0233.2k
- Idk....By:pup1a1by Pup1a13233.6k
- Dirt Book0233k
- Bookby Mad Tuba1232.9k
- couculatorby Boorish Map0232.8k
- The Bible0233.2k
- XTech Guide6232.9k
- spiderman book0233.7k
- 3rd jurnal2233.2k
- writenby Weepy Proton0233.2k
- Unicorn stories1233.7k
- the magic book of life1233.2k
- Ancient Bookby Nosy Frame0232.9k
- superbookby Taut Comb1233.1k
- Entry #10233.1k
- ice creamby Pitiful Map0233.3k
- choclate chip cookie ice cream1233.3k
- library portal0233.1k
- written letter0233k
- Written book0232.9k
- Tom Riddle's diary1227.3k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
Book and Quill
|First Appearance||12w17a Snapshot (April 26, 2012)|
|Data Values||Hex: 182 Dec: 386|
How To Use
To use a book you must first craft one (see crafting below). Once you have a book and quill, select the item in your Player 's hand and right click (for PC, use item for other systems). This will bring up the book editor screen. The player may then type the desired contents into the page, up to the thirteen lines. To go to another page click the forward arrow, while the back arrow goes to the previous page. The page does not have to contain text to proceed to the next page. When the player has finished editing, click done to close the book, or if the book should be finished editing for good, click "Sign" to permanently close the book for reading only. Once signed a book glows like an Enchanted Book .
It can be used as instructions to players in Multi-player mode by creating copies of a signed book that cannot be edited. This is handy when put in chests or dispensers at the spawn of a server for new players to access. Alternatively Signs are used in the same fashion. In addition players can make stories out of them and make book stores or libraries for role playing servers. Another use of the book is to be used as a "to do list." This is done by writing tasks into the book and clicking "Done" instead of "Sign" which will let the player endlessly edit the book an infinite number of times, thus allowing for the list to be updated constantly. This is more handy than the traditional sign "to do list" because it is portable. There are many other uses as well, depending on the gamer's creativity.
The Book and Quill is craftable in the PS4 console version, however a current glitch means that it is unusable, as any changes to unsigned book are not saved if you hold another item, and attempting to sign book tells you that you will no longer be able to make changes, but then nothing else happens. You have to back out of the menu and the book remains unsigned.
- Writing on the last page saves all pages between regardless of whether or not they are blank
- Deleting the text on the last page(s) will leave blank pages saved, however, when closing and opening the book with "Done," the book will no longer have those trailing blank pages saved.
- Sometimes, Written Books may be part of a trade offered by a Villager Priest.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!