- rainbow book0219.9k
- pencil and paper2220k
- rainbow book written36221.7k
- bbbbooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooby tsen a l1219.8k
- https://www.tynker.com/minecraft/console - Builder0221.2k
- Emerald Book Writtenby Muddled Pelt0219.8k
- Published Pixie Bookby Meddling Gel2219.9k
- cavaliers bookby iam64705219.9k
- book2by ninja boi0220.1k
- Written Book0219.7k
- listby Mia0220.2k
- Locked Book1220k
- blue bookby Weighty Chef0220.2k
- SMW Mario Headby Marcos4226k
- chriss book of spells0220.1k
- Dairyby malinki0220k
- read me!by Modern Pedal0219.7k
- icecream samwhich0220.1k
- Idk....By:pup1a1by Pup1a13220.4k
- Dirt Book0219.9k
- Bookby Mad Tuba1219.7k
- couculatorby Boorish Map0219.7k
- The Bible0220k
- XTech Guide6219.7k
- spiderman book0220.5k
- 3rd jurnal2220k
- writenby Weepy Proton0220k
- Unicorn stories1220.5k
- the magic book of life1220k
- Ancient Bookby Nosy Frame0219.7k
- superbookby Taut Comb1219.9k
- Entry #10220k
- ice creamby Pitiful Map0220.1k
- choclate chip cookie ice cream1220.1k
- library portal0220k
- written letter0219.8k
- Written book0219.8k
- Tom Riddle's diary1214.1k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
Book and Quill
|First Appearance||12w17a Snapshot (April 26, 2012)|
|Data Values||Hex: 182 Dec: 386|
How To Use
To use a book you must first craft one (see crafting below). Once you have a book and quill, select the item in your Player 's hand and right click (for PC, use item for other systems). This will bring up the book editor screen. The player may then type the desired contents into the page, up to the thirteen lines. To go to another page click the forward arrow, while the back arrow goes to the previous page. The page does not have to contain text to proceed to the next page. When the player has finished editing, click done to close the book, or if the book should be finished editing for good, click "Sign" to permanently close the book for reading only. Once signed a book glows like an Enchanted Book .
It can be used as instructions to players in Multi-player mode by creating copies of a signed book that cannot be edited. This is handy when put in chests or dispensers at the spawn of a server for new players to access. Alternatively Signs are used in the same fashion. In addition players can make stories out of them and make book stores or libraries for role playing servers. Another use of the book is to be used as a "to do list." This is done by writing tasks into the book and clicking "Done" instead of "Sign" which will let the player endlessly edit the book an infinite number of times, thus allowing for the list to be updated constantly. This is more handy than the traditional sign "to do list" because it is portable. There are many other uses as well, depending on the gamer's creativity.
The Book and Quill is craftable in the PS4 console version, however a current glitch means that it is unusable, as any changes to unsigned book are not saved if you hold another item, and attempting to sign book tells you that you will no longer be able to make changes, but then nothing else happens. You have to back out of the menu and the book remains unsigned.
- Writing on the last page saves all pages between regardless of whether or not they are blank
- Deleting the text on the last page(s) will leave blank pages saved, however, when closing and opening the book with "Done," the book will no longer have those trailing blank pages saved.
- Sometimes, Written Books may be part of a trade offered by a Villager Priest.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!