- THE Bombby Leafy Night62045.6k
- TNT 3455566552045.2k
- The Newkby Wakatake112045.2k
- Powby Toaster142045.4k
- House TNT52045.9k
- slime tntby THE MAGICIAN32045.2k
- Camo TNT82045.5k
- Green TNTby Elusive Dust52045.2k
- nuke tnt12044.9k
- GRASSNTby Da Boi52045.1k
- nitcho tnt12045.1k
- Hi TNT52045.2k
- poison tntby ninja132045.7k
- NUKEby nobody122046.9k
- absorbent\gravty tnt42045k
- dmd tnt32044.6k
- NOby Soldier29122044.2k
- Mega TNT52044.8k
- Blank bomb22045.3k
- magic tnt52045.1k
- diamond TNT OHHH!! :032045.3k
- present TNT42046.1k
- Poisonous TNT42045.6k
- party bomb122046.8k
- Copy of Fire tnt52045.3k
- Fire tnt52045.2k
- Netherrack-Light me up22045.2k
- end tnt62045.7k
- broken tnt71990.2k
- TNT bombby Flirtinq112046.5k
- really bad tntby Ajs11312044.9k
- trap block62044.9k
- black tnt12044.8k
- ytgfdby Aromatic DNA42044.9k
- A BLOCK!!!22044.7k
- mega TNT62045.8k
- party go boom82045k
- Jeffby Showy Roof41792.7k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Classic 0.9|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 2E Dec: 46|
TNT is detonated from being lit on fire (such as from a Flint and Steel ) or from receiving an active redstone current. When using TNT in a redstone circuit it doubles the capacitance over a repeater. There is a 4 seconds fuse time, allowing the player to retreat to a safe distance. After being ignited, it will perform a slight jump in the air before returning to the ground. It will flash white for exactly four seconds and allow the player to move through it, exploding soon afterwards.
The explosion is easily capable of destroying most blocks in the vicinity. Fragile blocks, such as Dirt and Sand , are the most affected, while sturdier types, such as Obsidian , are more resistant to the explosion. TNT does not obey physics until lit, where it will then fall as an entity until it hits a block or detonates. It is a very infamous griefing tool, as a TNT block can easily destroy most blocks besides obsidian and Bedrock . Because of this, it is often banned on servers that don't allow griefing. TNT is a natural block because it naturally appears in Desert Temples and is used as a trap in them.
As of minecraft version 1.7, you can spawn in TNT with a custom fuse time, allowing for TNT that explodes instantly, as well as TNT that takes a long time to explode.
TNT is crafted using Gunpowder and Sand .
- Severe lag will occur if an even a single TNT is detonated in a superflat world with many layers of TNT.
- TNT cannons can be made using water , TNT, redstone , a button , redstone repeaters , sand and pistons . Many people use TNT cannons in SMP for arcade-esque games, such as Factions, TNT wars, etc.
- In the 1.3 update, TNT's explosion radius was doubled. Endermen can pick up the block and then place it on the ground, where it will automatically detonate.
- TNT "naturally" spawns in desert temples as a booby-trap. Igniting the TNT will destroy the treasures in the chests inside.
- TNT can also be used to create a minecart with TNT as of 1.5.
- You can ignite TNT with lava or fire .
- TNT can fall up to 72 blocks when ignited.
- Since TNT is actually an entity when ignited, water, lava and mobs can pass through it while it is ignited.
- If TNT is in water, it won't damage the terrain, but still damage entities around it. This also happens if TNT is in lava.
- As stated by the Minecraft combat guide, TNT is a "Simple yet effective way to annihilate an enemy base". Also one of the 6 Basic Weapons ( Sword , Bow , Lava Bucket , Dispenser with arrows, and Flint and Steel ).
- TNT is slightly smaller than other blocks when activated.
- The exploding sound for the TNT was changed. It had a cartoon like sound when it exploded.
- The string on top of the TNT will change direction when activated.
- If TNT has an Anvil inside of it when activated then it won't damage the terrain, but still damage entities around it.
- In Minecraft Alpha, TNT was activated by just punching it. Then it changed to make TNT explode by using Flint And Steel or Redstone to activate it. However, In Minecraft today, there is a command to get the TNT that explodes by punching it.
- However, In Minecraft today, there is a command to get the TNT that explodes by punching it.
- TNT will not damage the player if there's a glass block in front of it.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!