- Swiss Cheese075.1k
- SpongeBob SquarePants Block075.1k
- hay and cheess074.8k
- spongeBOBby Null Bell175.9k
- Derp block276.6k
- color sponge074.8k
- Jen's spongeby Excited Milk174.9k
- Sponge With Vines075.1k
- spongeby Zbksquared13174.7k
- Spongebob Sponge175.7k
- Swiss Cheese174.9k
- SPONGE RE-MADE075.1k
- Spongebob Blockby Best Shop275.9k
- sponge bob074.9k
- sponge bob075k
- sponge bobby Pale Art175.4k
- Sponge Bobby kiityPxC075k
- sworl blockby kid savag074.9k
- spongebob squarepants676.5k
- Spongebob Squarepants074.9k
- Spongebobby Dismal Chant376k
- Spongebobby Madzilla376.3k
- spongebobby johnny276.3k
- spongebob blockby Tricky Ache777.2k
- sponge Bob275.3k
- sponge bob275.2k
- SPONGE BOB!!!by Alive Puppy475.8k
- diseased sponge174.9k
- sponge bobby Broken Iron375.3k
- Smooth Sponge174.7k
- The Sponge Bob Blockby Upset Pear675.7k
- Sponge Bob075.3k
- multy spong bob headby Tinted Shirt375.6k
- slimy spongeyby Fragrant Dye074.8k
- sponge bob475.8k
- spunjs bobby nanoboi074.8k
- sponge bobby Nice Ruler075k
- Blue Sponge471k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||0.0.18a_02 (June 14, 2009) (2)|
|Type of Block||Solid block|
|Stackable?||Yes (Max 64)|
|Data Values||Hex: 13 Dec: 19|
|Data Values||Hex: 13-1 Dec: 19-1|
As of 1.8, a sponge can absorb water within a 5×5×5 area around itself, becoming a wet sponge in the process. The surrounding blocks which were previously water, become occupied by air. The sponge must be directly touching a water source to absorb water, and will only absorb water connected to an adjacent water block touching the sponge. When a sponge absorbs water, it will convert to a wet sponge, which is darker, drips water, and is unable to soak up any more water.
Heating a wet sponge in a Furnace will convert it back into a dry sponge. Placing an empty Bucket in the Fuel Slot of the furnace while smelting the wet sponge will fill the bucket with the "evaporated" water. (1 bucket for each wet sponge).
- A wet sponge will "drip" water if placed in world.
- Sponges first appeared in the 0.0.19A update, where they were changed slightly 50 minutes later, until being removed from survival in Beta 1.8.
- They share the same sound as Grass .
- Sponges don't absorb water in Minecraft: Pocket Edition .
- In Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition , the old texture for the sponge is still used.
- Before 1.8, it was impossible to get a sponge in survival mode without cheats.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!