- Swiss Cheese093.2k
- SpongeBob SquarePants Block093.2k
- hay and cheess092.8k
- spongeBOBby Null Bell193.9k
- Derp block294.8k
- color sponge092.8k
- Jen's spongeby Excited Milk193k
- Sponge With Vines093.2k
- spongeby Zbksquared13192.7k
- Spongebob Sponge193.8k
- Swiss Cheese193k
- SPONGE RE-MADE093.2k
- Spongebob Blockby Best Shop293.9k
- sponge bobby Pale Art193.4k
- Sponge Bobby kiityPxC093.1k
- sworl blockby kid savag092.9k
- spongebob squarepants694.6k
- Spongebob Squarepants093k
- Spongebobby Dismal Chant394.1k
- spongebobby johnny294.4k
- spongebob blockby Tricky Ache795.5k
- sponge Bob293.4k
- sponge bob293.2k
- SPONGE BOB!!!by Alive Puppy494k
- diseased sponge192.9k
- sponge bobby Broken Iron393.4k
- Smooth Sponge192.7k
- The Sponge Bob Blockby Upset Pear693.8k
- Sponge Bob093.4k
- multy spong bob headby Tinted Shirt393.8k
- slimy spongeyby Fragrant Dye092.8k
- sponge bob493.9k
- spunjs bobby nanoboi092.8k
- sponge bobby Nice Ruler093k
- Blue Sponge489k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||0.0.18a_02 (June 14, 2009) (2)|
|Type of Block||Solid block|
|Stackable?||Yes (Max 64)|
|Data Values||Hex: 13 Dec: 19|
|Data Values||Hex: 13-1 Dec: 19-1|
As of 1.8, a sponge can absorb water within a 5×5×5 area around itself, becoming a wet sponge in the process. The surrounding blocks which were previously water, become occupied by air. The sponge must be directly touching a water source to absorb water, and will only absorb water connected to an adjacent water block touching the sponge. When a sponge absorbs water, it will convert to a wet sponge, which is darker, drips water, and is unable to soak up any more water.
Heating a wet sponge in a Furnace will convert it back into a dry sponge. Placing an empty Bucket in the Fuel Slot of the furnace while smelting the wet sponge will fill the bucket with the "evaporated" water. (1 bucket for each wet sponge).
- A wet sponge will "drip" water if placed in world.
- Sponges first appeared in the 0.0.19A update, where they were changed slightly 50 minutes later, until being removed from survival in Beta 1.8.
- They share the same sound as Grass .
- Sponges don't absorb water in Minecraft: Pocket Edition .
- In Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition , the old texture for the sponge is still used.
- Before 1.8, it was impossible to get a sponge in survival mode without cheats.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!