- Swiss Cheese085k
- SpongeBob SquarePants Block085k
- hay and cheess084.7k
- spongeBOBby Null Bell185.8k
- Derp block286.7k
- color sponge084.7k
- Jen's spongeby Excited Milk184.8k
- Sponge With Vines085.1k
- spongeby Zbksquared13184.6k
- Spongebob Sponge185.6k
- Swiss Cheese184.8k
- SPONGE RE-MADE085k
- Spongebob Blockby Best Shop285.8k
- sponge bob084.8k
- sponge bob084.9k
- sponge bobby Pale Art185.3k
- Sponge Bobby kiityPxC085k
- sworl blockby kid savag084.8k
- spongebob squarepants686.4k
- Spongebob Squarepants084.8k
- Spongebobby Dismal Chant385.9k
- Spongebobby Madzilla386.2k
- spongebobby johnny286.3k
- spongebob blockby Tricky Ache787.2k
- sponge Bob285.2k
- sponge bob285.1k
- SPONGE BOB!!!by Alive Puppy485.8k
- diseased sponge184.8k
- sponge bobby Broken Iron385.3k
- Smooth Sponge184.6k
- The Sponge Bob Blockby Upset Pear685.7k
- Sponge Bob085.2k
- multy spong bob headby Tinted Shirt385.6k
- slimy spongeyby Fragrant Dye084.7k
- sponge bob485.8k
- spunjs bobby nanoboi084.7k
- sponge bobby Nice Ruler084.9k
- Blue Sponge480.9k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||0.0.18a_02 (June 14, 2009) (2)|
|Type of Block||Solid block|
|Stackable?||Yes (Max 64)|
|Data Values||Hex: 13 Dec: 19|
|Data Values||Hex: 13-1 Dec: 19-1|
As of 1.8, a sponge can absorb water within a 5×5×5 area around itself, becoming a wet sponge in the process. The surrounding blocks which were previously water, become occupied by air. The sponge must be directly touching a water source to absorb water, and will only absorb water connected to an adjacent water block touching the sponge. When a sponge absorbs water, it will convert to a wet sponge, which is darker, drips water, and is unable to soak up any more water.
Heating a wet sponge in a Furnace will convert it back into a dry sponge. Placing an empty Bucket in the Fuel Slot of the furnace while smelting the wet sponge will fill the bucket with the "evaporated" water. (1 bucket for each wet sponge).
- A wet sponge will "drip" water if placed in world.
- Sponges first appeared in the 0.0.19A update, where they were changed slightly 50 minutes later, until being removed from survival in Beta 1.8.
- They share the same sound as Grass .
- Sponges don't absorb water in Minecraft: Pocket Edition .
- In Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition , the old texture for the sponge is still used.
- Before 1.8, it was impossible to get a sponge in survival mode without cheats.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!