- Swiss Cheese081.3k
- SpongeBob SquarePants Block081.3k
- hay and cheess080.9k
- spongeBOBby Null Bell182k
- Derp block282.9k
- color sponge080.9k
- Jen's spongeby Excited Milk181.1k
- Sponge With Vines081.3k
- spongeby Zbksquared13180.9k
- Spongebob Sponge181.9k
- Swiss Cheese181.1k
- SPONGE RE-MADE081.3k
- Spongebob Blockby Best Shop282k
- sponge bobby Pale Art181.5k
- Sponge Bobby kiityPxC081.2k
- sworl blockby kid savag081k
- spongebob squarepants682.7k
- Spongebob Squarepants081.1k
- Spongebobby Dismal Chant382.2k
- Spongebobby Madzilla382.5k
- spongebobby johnny282.5k
- spongebob blockby Tricky Ache783.5k
- sponge Bob281.5k
- sponge bob281.3k
- SPONGE BOB!!!by Alive Puppy482k
- diseased sponge181.1k
- sponge bobby Broken Iron381.5k
- Smooth Sponge180.9k
- The Sponge Bob Blockby Upset Pear681.9k
- Sponge Bob081.5k
- multy spong bob headby Tinted Shirt381.8k
- slimy spongeyby Fragrant Dye081k
- sponge bob482k
- spunjs bobby nanoboi081k
- sponge bobby Nice Ruler081.1k
- Blue Sponge477.1k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||0.0.18a_02 (June 14, 2009) (2)|
|Type of Block||Solid block|
|Stackable?||Yes (Max 64)|
|Data Values||Hex: 13 Dec: 19|
|Data Values||Hex: 13-1 Dec: 19-1|
As of 1.8, a sponge can absorb water within a 5×5×5 area around itself, becoming a wet sponge in the process. The surrounding blocks which were previously water, become occupied by air. The sponge must be directly touching a water source to absorb water, and will only absorb water connected to an adjacent water block touching the sponge. When a sponge absorbs water, it will convert to a wet sponge, which is darker, drips water, and is unable to soak up any more water.
Heating a wet sponge in a Furnace will convert it back into a dry sponge. Placing an empty Bucket in the Fuel Slot of the furnace while smelting the wet sponge will fill the bucket with the "evaporated" water. (1 bucket for each wet sponge).
- A wet sponge will "drip" water if placed in world.
- Sponges first appeared in the 0.0.19A update, where they were changed slightly 50 minutes later, until being removed from survival in Beta 1.8.
- They share the same sound as Grass .
- Sponges don't absorb water in Minecraft: Pocket Edition .
- In Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition , the old texture for the sponge is still used.
- Before 1.8, it was impossible to get a sponge in survival mode without cheats.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!