- Swiss Cheese080.9k
- SpongeBob SquarePants Block080.9k
- hay and cheess080.5k
- spongeBOBby Null Bell181.6k
- Derp block282.4k
- color sponge080.5k
- Jen's spongeby Excited Milk180.7k
- Sponge With Vines080.9k
- spongeby Zbksquared13180.5k
- Spongebob Sponge181.4k
- Swiss Cheese180.7k
- SPONGE RE-MADE080.8k
- Spongebob Blockby Best Shop281.6k
- sponge bobby Pale Art181.1k
- Sponge Bobby kiityPxC080.8k
- sworl blockby kid savag080.6k
- spongebob squarepants682.3k
- Spongebob Squarepants080.7k
- Spongebobby Dismal Chant381.8k
- Spongebobby Madzilla382.1k
- spongebobby johnny282.1k
- spongebob blockby Tricky Ache783k
- sponge Bob281.1k
- sponge bob280.9k
- SPONGE BOB!!!by Alive Puppy481.6k
- diseased sponge180.6k
- sponge bobby Broken Iron381.1k
- Smooth Sponge180.5k
- The Sponge Bob Blockby Upset Pear681.5k
- Sponge Bob081.1k
- multy spong bob headby Tinted Shirt381.4k
- slimy spongeyby Fragrant Dye080.5k
- sponge bob481.6k
- spunjs bobby nanoboi080.6k
- sponge bobby Nice Ruler080.7k
- Blue Sponge476.7k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||0.0.18a_02 (June 14, 2009) (2)|
|Type of Block||Solid block|
|Stackable?||Yes (Max 64)|
|Data Values||Hex: 13 Dec: 19|
|Data Values||Hex: 13-1 Dec: 19-1|
As of 1.8, a sponge can absorb water within a 5×5×5 area around itself, becoming a wet sponge in the process. The surrounding blocks which were previously water, become occupied by air. The sponge must be directly touching a water source to absorb water, and will only absorb water connected to an adjacent water block touching the sponge. When a sponge absorbs water, it will convert to a wet sponge, which is darker, drips water, and is unable to soak up any more water.
Heating a wet sponge in a Furnace will convert it back into a dry sponge. Placing an empty Bucket in the Fuel Slot of the furnace while smelting the wet sponge will fill the bucket with the "evaporated" water. (1 bucket for each wet sponge).
- A wet sponge will "drip" water if placed in world.
- Sponges first appeared in the 0.0.19A update, where they were changed slightly 50 minutes later, until being removed from survival in Beta 1.8.
- They share the same sound as Grass .
- Sponges don't absorb water in Minecraft: Pocket Edition .
- In Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition , the old texture for the sponge is still used.
- Before 1.8, it was impossible to get a sponge in survival mode without cheats.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!