- Swiss Cheese071.4k
- SpongeBob SquarePants Block071.5k
- hay and cheess071.1k
- spongeBOBby Null Bell172.2k
- Derp block272.9k
- color sponge071.1k
- Jen's spongeby Excited Milk171.3k
- Sponge With Vines071.5k
- spongeby Zbksquared13171.1k
- Spongebob Sponge172k
- Swiss Cheese171.3k
- SPONGE RE-MADE071.4k
- Spongebob Blockby Best Shop272.2k
- sponge bobby Pale Art171.7k
- Sponge Bobby kiityPxC071.4k
- sworl blockby kid savag071.2k
- spongebob squarepants672.9k
- Spongebob Squarepants071.3k
- Spongebobby Dismal Chant372.4k
- Spongebobby Madzilla372.7k
- spongebobby johnny272.6k
- spongebob blockby Tricky Ache773.5k
- sponge Bob271.7k
- sponge bob271.5k
- SPONGE BOB!!!by Alive Puppy472.1k
- diseased sponge171.3k
- sponge bobby Broken Iron371.6k
- Smooth Sponge171.1k
- The Sponge Bob Blockby Upset Pear672k
- Sponge Bob071.7k
- multy spong bob headby Tinted Shirt372k
- slimy spongeyby Fragrant Dye071.1k
- sponge bob472.1k
- spunjs bobby nanoboi071.2k
- sponge bobby Nice Ruler071.3k
- Blue Sponge467.3k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||0.0.18a_02 (June 14, 2009) (2)|
|Type of Block||Solid block|
|Stackable?||Yes (Max 64)|
|Data Values||Hex: 13 Dec: 19|
|Data Values||Hex: 13-1 Dec: 19-1|
As of 1.8, a sponge can absorb water within a 5×5×5 area around itself, becoming a wet sponge in the process. The surrounding blocks which were previously water, become occupied by air. The sponge must be directly touching a water source to absorb water, and will only absorb water connected to an adjacent water block touching the sponge. When a sponge absorbs water, it will convert to a wet sponge, which is darker, drips water, and is unable to soak up any more water.
Heating a wet sponge in a Furnace will convert it back into a dry sponge. Placing an empty Bucket in the Fuel Slot of the furnace while smelting the wet sponge will fill the bucket with the "evaporated" water. (1 bucket for each wet sponge).
- A wet sponge will "drip" water if placed in world.
- Sponges first appeared in the 0.0.19A update, where they were changed slightly 50 minutes later, until being removed from survival in Beta 1.8.
- They share the same sound as Grass .
- Sponges don't absorb water in Minecraft: Pocket Edition .
- In Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition , the old texture for the sponge is still used.
- Before 1.8, it was impossible to get a sponge in survival mode without cheats.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!