- Swiss Cheese071.1k
- SpongeBob SquarePants Block071.2k
- hay and cheess070.8k
- spongeBOBby Null Bell171.9k
- Derp block272.6k
- color sponge070.8k
- Jen's spongeby Excited Milk171k
- Sponge With Vines071.2k
- spongeby Zbksquared13170.8k
- Spongebob Sponge171.7k
- Swiss Cheese171k
- SPONGE RE-MADE071.1k
- Spongebob Blockby Best Shop271.9k
- sponge bobby Pale Art171.4k
- Sponge Bobby kiityPxC071.1k
- sworl blockby kid savag070.9k
- spongebob squarepants672.6k
- Spongebob Squarepants071k
- Spongebobby Dismal Chant372.1k
- Spongebobby Madzilla372.3k
- spongebobby johnny272.3k
- spongebob blockby Tricky Ache773.2k
- sponge Bob271.4k
- sponge bob271.2k
- SPONGE BOB!!!by Alive Puppy471.8k
- diseased sponge171k
- sponge bobby Broken Iron371.3k
- Smooth Sponge170.8k
- The Sponge Bob Blockby Upset Pear671.7k
- Sponge Bob071.4k
- multy spong bob headby Tinted Shirt371.7k
- slimy spongeyby Fragrant Dye070.8k
- sponge bob471.8k
- spunjs bobby nanoboi070.9k
- sponge bobby Nice Ruler071k
- Blue Sponge467k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||0.0.18a_02 (June 14, 2009) (2)|
|Type of Block||Solid block|
|Stackable?||Yes (Max 64)|
|Data Values||Hex: 13 Dec: 19|
|Data Values||Hex: 13-1 Dec: 19-1|
As of 1.8, a sponge can absorb water within a 5×5×5 area around itself, becoming a wet sponge in the process. The surrounding blocks which were previously water, become occupied by air. The sponge must be directly touching a water source to absorb water, and will only absorb water connected to an adjacent water block touching the sponge. When a sponge absorbs water, it will convert to a wet sponge, which is darker, drips water, and is unable to soak up any more water.
Heating a wet sponge in a Furnace will convert it back into a dry sponge. Placing an empty Bucket in the Fuel Slot of the furnace while smelting the wet sponge will fill the bucket with the "evaporated" water. (1 bucket for each wet sponge).
- A wet sponge will "drip" water if placed in world.
- Sponges first appeared in the 0.0.19A update, where they were changed slightly 50 minutes later, until being removed from survival in Beta 1.8.
- They share the same sound as Grass .
- Sponges don't absorb water in Minecraft: Pocket Edition .
- In Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition , the old texture for the sponge is still used.
- Before 1.8, it was impossible to get a sponge in survival mode without cheats.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!