- Noob Soul Sand077.9k
- BURGER BLOCK NUM NUM NUMby Angelic Kale077.9k
- BURGER BLOCK NUM NUM NUM077.8k
- BURGER BLOCK NUM NUM NUMby GET TOSSED3078.1k
- Nether stoneby Lovely Cook078.3k
- BURGER BLOCK NUM NUM NUM277.8k
- ghost block078.2k
- smileing soulsby Full Nerd078.3k
- BURGER BLOCK NUM NUM NUMby Wolf178.1k
- BURGER BLOCK NUM NUM NUM078.1k
- BURGER BLOCK NUM NUM NUMby God Codecena078.1k
- brium ore178k
- CREEPER BLOCKby relyK.java177.9k
- bendy and the ink machine *ink from chapter 2*by Busy Land181.2k
- sink sand078.5k
- Bill Cipher Block078.2k
- BURGER BLOCK NUM NUM NUMby Late Sting177.9k
- Block of Pigeon Terry077.7k
- Herobrian portal block078.1k
- checkard soal sand178.3k
- Smooth Soul Sand077.7k
- The haunting blockby eg078k
- disguised soul sandby Taboo Jungle077.9k
- sun powered tnt478.6k
- 7 11178k
- cool blockby Master Chief177.8k
- Soul Sand With A Soulby J.LA077.9k
- Burger Blockby Canine Dye477.8k
- HamBurger Blockby Dry Walk377.9k
- Derpy Burger block679.1k
- Lava Blockby Hideous Turn177.7k
- SMILELY *EVIL LAUGH*by Oval Beagle177.9k
- Sad block077.7k
- Souls of creepersby Angelic Gel279.6k
- Skull Sand177.8k
- BURGER BLOCK NUM NUM NUM277.6k
- nom nom477.8k
- Wither sand177.8k
- by jazminby Slow Floss377.9k
- Shadow Fuel Blockby Flawless End166.9k
- Quicksandby Blokbuster164.4k
- Cheese burger!640.1k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Alpha 1.2.0|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Stackable?||Yes (Max 64)|
|Data Values||Hex: 58 Dec: 88|
The "Quicksand" Effect
This material has looks somewhat similar to that of a dirt block, but it has some unique features. It slows the movement of any player or mob on its surface, and players sink slightly into the block while walking on it. It is only 15/16 the height of a normal block, so the player cannot walk from a block of Soul Sand to a slab without jumping. This also means that you can not get off of Soul Sand while holding down the sneak key, unless the player jumps.
Soul Sand is used to plant Nether Wart for use in potions , you can farm not only in the nether, but also in the Overworld. It can also be used as a trap to slow down hostile mobs giving the player an additional second to pull out a weapon. Thirdly, it can be used to create the Wither boss by making a T shape out of soul sand and putting 3 Wither Skeleton Heads on top.
Creating the Wither
- Note , that this is not in the Crafting Table , but you have to build it.
- When first released, sneaking onto a Soul Sand block would not prevent the player from falling off the block. This bug was fixed in the 1.2.1 Alpha patch.
- Putting an ice block or Cobweb under Soul Sand dramatically slows the player down more than the Soul Sand alone already would have.
- Because of the fact that you go down a few millimeters when standing on Soul Sand, shifting at the edge of Soul Sand which is next to lava will set you on fire and let the player take lava damage.
- The slowest speed you can have while still moving can be achieved by sneaking and blocking with your sword while walking on Soul Sand with ice underneath it through cobwebs and still lava backwards, under the effect of a potion of slowness II. In addition, if the player is under these conditions and is moving at a steep angle against an adjacent block, they can move at almost infinitesimal speeds, moving only 0.00001 m at a time.
- It can be found in patches in Nether Fortress with Nether Warts growing on it. This is the only place you can find Nether Warts.
- When placed in the Overworld, Soul Sand will not destroy boats that are piloted into it (vs sand, dirt, etc. that cause damage/death).
- Once stepped on, in the Overworld the sky will get dark.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!