- Noob Soul Sand073.6k
- BURGER BLOCK NUM NUM NUMby Angelic Kale073.6k
- BURGER BLOCK NUM NUM NUM073.6k
- BURGER BLOCK NUM NUM NUMby GET TOSSED3073.8k
- Nether stoneby Lovely Cook074.1k
- BURGER BLOCK NUM NUM NUM273.6k
- ghost block074k
- smileing soulsby Full Nerd074.1k
- BURGER BLOCK NUM NUM NUMby Wolf173.8k
- BURGER BLOCK NUM NUM NUMby God Codecena073.9k
- brium ore173.8k
- CREEPER BLOCKby relyK.java173.6k
- bendy and the ink machine *ink from chapter 2*by Busy Land177k
- sink sand074.3k
- Bill Cipher Block073.9k
- BURGER BLOCK NUM NUM NUMby Late Sting173.6k
- Block of Pigeon Terry073.4k
- Herobrian portal block073.8k
- checkard soal sand174.1k
- Smooth Soul Sand073.5k
- The haunting blockby eg073.7k
- disguised soul sandby Taboo Jungle073.7k
- sun powered tnt474.3k
- 7 11173.8k
- cool blockby Master Chief173.6k
- Soul Sand With A Soulby J.LA073.7k
- Burger Blockby Canine Dye473.6k
- HamBurger Blockby Dry Walk373.7k
- Derpy Burger block674.8k
- Lava Blockby Hideous Turn173.5k
- SMILELY *EVIL LAUGH*by Oval Beagle173.6k
- Sad block073.5k
- Souls of creepersby Angelic Gel275.3k
- Skull Sand173.6k
- BURGER BLOCK NUM NUM NUM273.4k
- nom nom473.6k
- Wither sand173.6k
- by jazminby Slow Floss373.6k
- Shadow Fuel Blockby Flawless End162.7k
- Quicksandby Blokbuster160.2k
- Cheese burger!635.9k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Alpha 1.2.0|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Stackable?||Yes (Max 64)|
|Data Values||Hex: 58 Dec: 88|
The "Quicksand" Effect
This material has looks somewhat similar to that of a dirt block, but it has some unique features. It slows the movement of any player or mob on its surface, and players sink slightly into the block while walking on it. It is only 15/16 the height of a normal block, so the player cannot walk from a block of Soul Sand to a slab without jumping. This also means that you can not get off of Soul Sand while holding down the sneak key, unless the player jumps.
Soul Sand is used to plant Nether Wart for use in potions , you can farm not only in the nether, but also in the Overworld. It can also be used as a trap to slow down hostile mobs giving the player an additional second to pull out a weapon. Thirdly, it can be used to create the Wither boss by making a T shape out of soul sand and putting 3 Wither Skeleton Heads on top.
Creating the Wither
- Note , that this is not in the Crafting Table , but you have to build it.
- When first released, sneaking onto a Soul Sand block would not prevent the player from falling off the block. This bug was fixed in the 1.2.1 Alpha patch.
- Putting an ice block or Cobweb under Soul Sand dramatically slows the player down more than the Soul Sand alone already would have.
- Because of the fact that you go down a few millimeters when standing on Soul Sand, shifting at the edge of Soul Sand which is next to lava will set you on fire and let the player take lava damage.
- The slowest speed you can have while still moving can be achieved by sneaking and blocking with your sword while walking on Soul Sand with ice underneath it through cobwebs and still lava backwards, under the effect of a potion of slowness II. In addition, if the player is under these conditions and is moving at a steep angle against an adjacent block, they can move at almost infinitesimal speeds, moving only 0.00001 m at a time.
- It can be found in patches in Nether Fortress with Nether Warts growing on it. This is the only place you can find Nether Warts.
- When placed in the Overworld, Soul Sand will not destroy boats that are piloted into it (vs sand, dirt, etc. that cause damage/death).
- Once stepped on, in the Overworld the sky will get dark.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!