- broken instragram block and glitch8699.7k
- the yin of yang6723.4k
- lucky block2723.6k
- 4th of July10724.1k
- Extra Heartby Soldier2917698.2k
- Heartby Soldier292723.2k
- Instagram Block36700.7k
- RAiNBOW BLOCKby Fortnite God520742.2k
- MyBlockby Rash Power1723.3k
- Instagram Block43702.6k
- ROBLOXby DJ Llama1724.3k
- real jeepby Plaid Gum11698.7k
- color full blockby gracy1723.5k
- 6 headit zombe blockby MR duck3725.4k
- Alex's special clay2723.5k
- The Yin & Yang2723.5k
- Noob Clay2727.4k
- (F.N.A.F.) Blank Wall0723.7k
- broken House0723.9k
- forget me not clay0723.5k
- color boxby Grim Piano1723.3k
- rubik 2 x 21723.2k
- block of googleby K2S03723.7k
- Color Clay5724.1k
- pokemon ball11726.2k
- Gold clayby Macho Signal0723.3k
- Pac-Man eating a Ghostby mr oof3725.5k
- Colour Boxby Careful Rock0723.3k
- Ignighted clay0723.4k
- House in the summer19703.1k
- rainbow picture0723.4k
- Blue blue blue blue red blue blue black red blue r3724.9k
- checker boardby awesome guy0654.3k
- cabageby Modern Pedal0592.6k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Alpha 1.0.11|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 52 Dec: 82|
The primary use for Clay Blocks is as a storage item for Clay balls. As of 1.6.1, it can be smelted to make Hardened Clay, a decoration block.
- In real life, the color of clay can actually be bright red, a deep red, tan, or brown due to iron mixing with the clay, not just gray. Clay will also keep its color in block form. This means that Bricks, after Clay is smelted in the Furnace, should be gray and not red-brown.
- Clay is usually found underground in the real world, unlike in the game, where it is commonly found in shallow water.
- If inventory space is tight, Clay balls can be formed back into Clay Blocks using the inventory crafting grid. This is a good way to conserve space, but the Blocks must be placed and destroyed again to get the Clay balls back.
- As of the 1.6.1 release, Clay Blocks can now be smelted into Hardened Clay, which can then be dyed. This makes Clay Blocks, Wood , and Netherrack the only Blocks that can be smelted. Clay is also the only Block that, when smelted, makes a Block; the other two make items, namely Charcoal and Nether Bricks respectively.
- It is best to find a way to shovel the Clay above water, as it will take longer to break the Block while underwater.
- During Beta 1.6, in newly generated chunks, Clay Blocks were nearly nonexistent. To be specific, Clay only generated when the x and z coordinates were the same, severely limiting the amount of Clay on the map. This was fixed in 1.7. Back then, Clay was actually rarer than Diamond . This led to the phrase "You missed clay!".
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!