- broken instragram block and glitch8692.9k
- the yin of yang6716.6k
- lucky block2716.7k
- 4th of July10717.2k
- Extra Heartby Soldier2917691.3k
- Heartby Soldier292716.4k
- Instagram Block36693.8k
- RAiNBOW BLOCKby Fortnite God520735k
- MyBlockby Rash Power1716.5k
- Instagram Block43695.7k
- ROBLOXby DJ Llama1717.4k
- real jeepby Plaid Gum11691.8k
- color full blockby gracy1716.6k
- 6 headit zombe blockby MR duck3718.5k
- Alex's special clay2716.7k
- The Yin & Yang2716.6k
- Noob Clay2720.5k
- (F.N.A.F.) Blank Wall0716.8k
- broken House0717.1k
- forget me not clay0716.7k
- color boxby Grim Piano1716.5k
- rubik 2 x 21716.4k
- block of googleby K2S03716.9k
- Color Clay5717.2k
- pokemon ball11719.3k
- Gold clayby Macho Signal0716.4k
- Pac-Man eating a Ghostby mr oof3718.6k
- Colour Boxby Careful Rock0716.5k
- Ignighted clay0716.6k
- House in the summer19696.2k
- rainbow picture0716.5k
- Blue blue blue blue red blue blue black red blue r3718.1k
- checker boardby awesome guy0647.5k
- cabageby Modern Pedal0585.7k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Alpha 1.0.11|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 52 Dec: 82|
The primary use for Clay Blocks is as a storage item for Clay balls. As of 1.6.1, it can be smelted to make Hardened Clay, a decoration block.
- In real life, the color of clay can actually be bright red, a deep red, tan, or brown due to iron mixing with the clay, not just gray. Clay will also keep its color in block form. This means that Bricks, after Clay is smelted in the Furnace, should be gray and not red-brown.
- Clay is usually found underground in the real world, unlike in the game, where it is commonly found in shallow water.
- If inventory space is tight, Clay balls can be formed back into Clay Blocks using the inventory crafting grid. This is a good way to conserve space, but the Blocks must be placed and destroyed again to get the Clay balls back.
- As of the 1.6.1 release, Clay Blocks can now be smelted into Hardened Clay, which can then be dyed. This makes Clay Blocks, Wood , and Netherrack the only Blocks that can be smelted. Clay is also the only Block that, when smelted, makes a Block; the other two make items, namely Charcoal and Nether Bricks respectively.
- It is best to find a way to shovel the Clay above water, as it will take longer to break the Block while underwater.
- During Beta 1.6, in newly generated chunks, Clay Blocks were nearly nonexistent. To be specific, Clay only generated when the x and z coordinates were the same, severely limiting the amount of Clay on the map. This was fixed in 1.7. Back then, Clay was actually rarer than Diamond . This led to the phrase "You missed clay!".
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!