- broken instragram block and glitch8647.3k
- the yin of yang6671.3k
- lucky block2671.4k
- 4th of July10671.9k
- Extra Heartby Soldier2917645.8k
- Heartby Soldier292671.1k
- Instagram Block36648.4k
- RAiNBOW BLOCKby Fortnite God519687.5k
- MyBlockby Rash Power1671.1k
- Instagram Block43650.1k
- ROBLOXby DJ Llama1672.1k
- real jeepby Plaid Gum11646.4k
- color full blockby gracy1671.3k
- 6 headit zombe blockby MR duck3673k
- Alex's special clay2671.3k
- The Yin & Yang2671.3k
- Noob Clay2675.1k
- (F.N.A.F.) Blank Wall0671.5k
- broken House0671.7k
- forget me not clay0671.3k
- color boxby Grim Piano1671.2k
- rubik 2 x 21671.1k
- block of googleby K2S03671.5k
- Color Clay5671.9k
- pokemon ball11673.8k
- Gold clayby Macho Signal0671.1k
- Pac-Man eating a Ghostby mr oof3673.1k
- Colour Boxby Careful Rock0671.2k
- Ignighted clay0671.2k
- House in the summer19650.8k
- rainbow picture0671.2k
- Blue blue blue blue red blue blue black red blue r3672.6k
- checker boardby awesome guy0602.1k
- cabageby Modern Pedal0540.4k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Alpha 1.0.11|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 52 Dec: 82|
The primary use for Clay Blocks is as a storage item for Clay balls. As of 1.6.1, it can be smelted to make Hardened Clay, a decoration block.
- In real life, the color of clay can actually be bright red, a deep red, tan, or brown due to iron mixing with the clay, not just gray. Clay will also keep its color in block form. This means that Bricks, after Clay is smelted in the Furnace, should be gray and not red-brown.
- Clay is usually found underground in the real world, unlike in the game, where it is commonly found in shallow water.
- If inventory space is tight, Clay balls can be formed back into Clay Blocks using the inventory crafting grid. This is a good way to conserve space, but the Blocks must be placed and destroyed again to get the Clay balls back.
- As of the 1.6.1 release, Clay Blocks can now be smelted into Hardened Clay, which can then be dyed. This makes Clay Blocks, Wood , and Netherrack the only Blocks that can be smelted. Clay is also the only Block that, when smelted, makes a Block; the other two make items, namely Charcoal and Nether Bricks respectively.
- It is best to find a way to shovel the Clay above water, as it will take longer to break the Block while underwater.
- During Beta 1.6, in newly generated chunks, Clay Blocks were nearly nonexistent. To be specific, Clay only generated when the x and z coordinates were the same, severely limiting the amount of Clay on the map. This was fixed in 1.7. Back then, Clay was actually rarer than Diamond . This led to the phrase "You missed clay!".
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!