- american flag3930.2k
- Snapchatby THEATER_NERD1930.2k
- Bunte Kiste0929.9k
- stary blinder1929.8k
- libray funby littlegsxr2930.8k
- Mage TNT0930.6k
- Baby Pumpkin2931k
- Evil Pumkin 2by Darkstalker7931.5k
- Copy of Dsk0929.9k
- AC-DC TNT BOOKSHELF0930.1k
- clothing blockby Daisy(^. ^)11912.8k
- Magicalby Worn Bloom16912.3k
- The Worthy Shining Block (Rainbow)by TheEpicBomb0930.1k
- The Worthy Shining Block (Orange)by TheEpicBomb0930.1k
- Shayla'S Special Bookshelf1929.9k
- shadow blockby Evil Stamp0929.7k
- The check1930.4k
- toilet block0930.3k
- Rainbow Bookshelfby cymbalism14915.3k
- Lovely booksby nelxia0930.3k
- sunset blockby DexStar1930.3k
- Noob Bookshelf2934.8k
- south African flagby Valid Start0929.9k
- the ultimate block1929.9k
- Bock shelf 2by Macho Shoe7930.3k
- Ivisible Block0929.9k
- Rainbow pastel bookshelfby Spooky Gate3931.7k
- colorful bookshelfby Ocean1930k
- Mapping bookshelfby Third Jewel0930.2k
- Cute Book Shelfby Lovely Cook1930.9k
- Bookshelfby AlphaCount0930k
- Kids Bookshelf1930.3k
- Gaia Planet0930.3k
- secret doorby Nickname5931.5k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|First Appearance||Survival Test 0.26-|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Tool Used||Axe Graphic|
|Data Values||Hex: 2F Dec: 47|
Bookshelves are generated in Libraries , inside Strongholds , and within NPC Villages . A single Bookshelf can be crafted by arranging six Wooden Planks and three Books . Whenever a Bookshelf is destroyed, it will drop three books. Bookshelves are very important for improving Enchantment Tables . When placed close to one, it will begin to send floating white symbols to the book. This grants the player a chance to receive better enchantments, though not guaranteed. To function, a bookshelf must be within a two-block distance of the enchanting table, with one empty space and no obstructions between. The bookshelf will still be in proximity if stacked up to three blocks high. An enchanting table can connect to no more than 15 bookshelf blocks within range, any additional bookshelves do not contribute to the enchanting effect.
Bookshelves were added in the 0.26 patch of Survival Test, but they were not able to be naturally spawned until the 0.28 patch. They were left in obscurity, as they could not be crafted until Beta. Bookshelves and libraries were finally implemented in Beta 1.9 pre-release 3, as they could be used to receive higher enchantments on weapons and tools. As of Beta 1.9, destroying a Bookshelf will drop three Books. Bookshelves can also be obtained in a trade with Villagers as of 1.3.1.
- Bookshelves are also in Minecraft Java Edition .
- A Bookshelf Block will always have exactly the same books in exactly the same places, meaning that the books are either exactly the same, or books in series.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!