- Glup Glupby Glup72352k
- Deal with it penguinby Glup102352k
- mega beaconby DR ACE JR82352.7k
- Jackie's block12351.6k
- Youtube block62352.7k
- =blockby Hacker1102354.2k
- IDk what to callby Aloof Table12351.3k
- say cheese02351.4k
- The eye of sauronby Da Boi12351.5k
- Gaber Blockby Thin Energy02351.1k
- raiabow beccoon12351.4k
- moded beaken122274k
- BACON BEACON42352.4k
- weard beconby Bruhx7222351.4k
- Rare Poison TNT22351.5k
- Savege Beacon02351.1k
- Red Beacon02351.4k
- rainbow rubix cube #342351.4k
- ZIG-ZAGby Messy Lock12351.2k
- Lightning Blockby LDShadowLady22351.6k
- the power of blueby bts fan02351.2k
- Ben 10's Block42353.5k
- Pretty and pink22351.1k
- camera blockby Mighty Cheat12351.8k
- nuclear core12351.6k
- Beaconby Daily Sun12351k
- Unlucky Blockby Skittles142274.6k
- Pink Bunny02350.9k
- Emily's Saverby Nugget02351k
- Red Beaconby Yellowy10112350.9k
- fireby BlueElite12351.3k
- Dino becon02351.1k
- dethby the boss02351.3k
Other Tynker Projects
Other Tynker Projects
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 8A Dec: 138|
Beacon Blocks, when added to the top of a pyramid made of either iron , gold , diamond or emerald blocks, can grant the player potion or Status Effects for eight seconds but will last indefinitely if the player remains in range of the beacon. Beacons also shoot a beam of light up into the sky that can help with navigating the world when active.
Any accepted block type can be used in any layer, regardless of what the other layers are made of. The pyramid should be protected by some means, as griefers may attempt to steal some of the blocks.
Beacon Blocks can only function when they are added on the top of a pyramid, and when not being blocked by a solid block on top of the beacon. The GUI consists of a primary, and secondary effect selection screen, a material acceptance selection header, and the player's inventory. The player must place the material ( iron ingot, gold ingot, diamond , or emerald ) in the header to activate the effects. When the material is placed, the player is free to choose an effect located in the primary effect screen. Whenever the player is in-range of the pyramid, the player will receive the effect. The effect(s) last forever, as long as the player is in range, wearing off 8 seconds after moving out of range. The selection and strength of the effects are enhanced by each layer added to the pyramid, along with the range of the beacon.
The current crafting recipe for this block is 3 Obsidian , 5 Glass blocks, and one Nether Star , the last of which is only obtainable by killing a Wither .
If a player opens the beacon's menu with their "use" action, he/she can insert an Iron Ingot , Gold Ingot , diamond , or emerald , and activate a Status Effect for the beacon to bestow upon nearby players. The chosen effect will be re-applied to nearby players every 4 seconds if they are in range of the beacon. The status effects which a player may choose from are as follows:
- Speed - Increases movement speed
- Haste - Increases Mining speed
- Resistance - Decreases damage inflicted upon the player (requires a pyramid 2-blocks high)
- Jump Boost - Increases Jumping distance and height and reduces falling damage (requires a pyramid 2-blocks high)
- Strength - Increases damage dealt with melee Weapons (requires a pyramid 3-blocks high)
- Regeneration - Regenerates Health over time (requires a pyramid 4-blocks high)
- As of Minecraft 1.8 update you can color the light of a Beacon putting Stained Glass or Stained Glass Pane over it. Also, you can mix the colors (for example, if a red stained glass is placed over it, and then a blue one over that, the light will have a purplish color).
- The Beacon block had, when first created, another texture. The next update, the block received another texture, and one week later yet another texture. After that the final texture was given, which is the texture used as of this writing.
- Beacons are the only block in Minecraft that emit a beam of light.
Mod Minecraft with Tynker!Sign Up for Free
Get your own private Minecraft server!
Play minigames with friends!
Create skins, items, blocks, and mobs!
Remix mods and share with the community!