Learn to build Minecraft add-ons and mobs with custom behaviors. Deploy your creations on Minecraft for Windows 10 and iPad.No prior programming experience required.
What Students Learn
- Day 1: Get introduced to basics and create characters from ancient Greece such as Cerberus, Chimaera, and Pegasus.
- Day 2: Bring the myth of Atlantis to life with cecaelia, mermaids, and the trident.
- Day 3: Explore Japans's mythology with the kappa, kitsune, and nekomata.
- Day 4: Unleash the terrors of Transylvania - vampires, werewolves, and gargoyles!
- Day 5: Create mythical creatures such as Quetzalcoatl, phoenix, and the thunderbird.
Technical Requirements* Online courses and lesson plans require an iPad, desktop computer, laptop computer, Chromebook, or Netbook with Internet connection and a Chrome (29+), Firefox (30+), Safari (7+), or Internet Explorer (10+) browser. No downloads required.
No previous coding experience required.
Recommended for All ages.
- 6 lessons
- 34 activities
- Enhanced Creativity Tools
- Automatic Assessment
- Tutorials and Reviews
- Coding Puzzles
- DIY Projects
- Answer Keys
1. The Basics
Learn how to make and apply skins and resource packs.
2. Ancient Greece
Create behavior packs that make simple modifications to Minecraft mobs.
3. Rivalry in Atlantis
Use the behavior editor to make mobs imitate each other.
4. Land of the Rising Sun
Learn to use events to change mobs' behavior on the fly.
5. Terrors of Transylvania
Make one mob transform into another and then back.
6. Feathered Flyers
Program your mobs to fly and cheat death.