Code with Google and Tynker in Three Amazing Webinars!
Each year, hundreds of thousands of teachers celebrate Computer Science by participating in the Hour of Code. And each year, Tynker adds amazing new activities, this year totaling over 40+ CS puzzles and games! Teachers that use Google tools like GSuite, Classroom, and Chromebooks can especially get a lot out of Hour of Code, if they’re using Tynker this year!
With Three FREE Webinars, Have an Amazing Hour of Code!
This year, we’re offering three tailored PD sessions specially for teachers who use Google tools. Our newest Hour of Code exercises are based on the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, as well as NASA partnered projects; tons of opportunities! Here are our sessions:
Session 1: Run an Hour of Code with Tynker and Google Classroom
In this webinar, teachers will be able to:
- Connect Google Classroom to Tynker for seamless instruction
- Explore Tynker’s FREE 40+ Hour of Code activities (including our new NASA projects)
- Experience and explore 3 FREE courses you receive with Tynker
- Publish, share, and grade student projects with Tynker + Google Classroom
Date? November 7th: Three times to choose from:
Session 2: Anyone Can Code Hardware with Tynker + Google + micro:bit
This next session digs into the possibilities with Tynker and Google integration into hardware, like the amazing, micro:bit. Add Google Classroom, Chromebooks, + micro:bits- now you’ve got a complete path to coding mastery. In this session you will experience:
- How micro:bit programming with Tynker innovates with K-5 students
- Tynker innovation: GSuite integration- extract data from a micro:bit to add NEW levels to your STEM projects!
- Many of Tynker’s ready-made coding templates for Tynker Blocks and Python!
- Preview both of Tynker’s 2 new coding courses: micro:bits 101 and micro:Python 101
Date? November 14th: Three times to choose from:
Session 3: GSuite + Tynker: Integrating Animation, Hyperdocs, and More!
This next session invites educators that use Google for Education products including Chromebooks, G Suite for Education, and/or Google Classroom to experience how GSuite helps teachers prepare students for coding success with Tynker. In this session teachers will experience:
- How to create animations using Google Drawings + Tynker
- How Google Docs like Hyperdocs can help students prepare for a Tynker lesson
- How Google Sheets and Forms help teachers check for coding understanding
- Tutorial creation: utilize YouTube, and Slides to create your own custom Tynker tutorials
Date? November 21st: Three times to choose from:
Can’t make the webinar?
Register for them anyway! You’ll get a video recording that you can access ALL three webinars anytime. Get a head start with Hour of Code by joining as a teacher.
The Benefits of a Tynker Hour of Code
There are many coding tools out there, but only Tynker has everything you need in one place. Why is that? With Tynker’s platform- any teacher can teach coding, and any student can learn. For logged-in Tynker Teachers, we’ve made our Hour of Code experience an opportunity to not just engage with coding, but to master coding with kids. Tynker teachers have access to our 35+ Hour of Code activities, plus 3 Free courses, and mastery progress that isn’t offered anywhere else.