Tynker Blue Ribbon Educator Program is Accepting Applications!
Last year we introduced a new way for teachers who wanted to “take the next step” with Tynker. We created a training program for called the Tynker Blue Ribbon Educator Program. To date, we’ve invited thousands of educators to apply, and have accepted 150 so far. We’re opening this program up again for fall 2018. The program has one sustaining mission:
Making computer science for everyone a reality.
The goals of this program are simple. We want to give teachers, even those who aren’t Tynker experts, a chance to dive into coding education in a big way. We want to prepare our students for a future in which their job descriptions don’t even exist yet. As a Tynker Blue Ribbon Educator, you’ll get access to curriculum, training, PD opportunities, and, most importantly, community support.
What is a Blue Ribbon Educator?
The Tynker Blue Ribbon Educator and the Blue Ribbon Training Program were created to bring together educators who are dedicated to making coding a priority in their practices. Blue Ribbons receive exclusive training, resources, and access to curricula to help them on the path to becoming code-teacher masters. They are dedicated to coding instruction by providing support, connecting at conferences, sharing their knowledge, and being an integral part of the maker and coding community.
Why become a Blue Ribbon Educator?
Each year, Tynker will accept new teachers into the Tynker Blue Ribbon Training Program. As part of the program, teachers will receive many perks and benefits, including:
- A valuable Professional Development credential for their teaching portfolio and resume
- Speaking opportunities at local and national conferences
- A Classroom license of Tynker’s award-winning curriculum for up to 30 students
- Discount on Tynker’s premium curriculum for their entire school
- Exclusive training on implementing coding across the curriculum
- Inclusion in the Tynker Professional Development Directory
- Guest author privileges on the Tynker Blog, reaching thousands of teachers that are enthusiastic about computer science
- First look at new features and coding curricula
Do I have to be a Tynker user to apply?
No, you don’t! Previous Tynker experience doesn’t hurt, but most importantly you need to prove:
- A dedication to providing coding tools and skills to your students
- Experience using some form of coding platform (block coding a plus)
- A drive to get every student in the world coding
- A track record of excellence in teaching and learning
- A desire for collaboration and sharing among colleagues
- A devotion to making the world a better place
How do I apply?
Applications will open up soon. You will be asked to:
- Create a 1-minute PSA video with the theme “Get Ready for Hour of Code!” How can you best rally students around the world to take part in CS Education Week?
- Answer a few questions about your desire and motivations in teaching these skills.
- Be available for Premium Training on Friday, Nov. 9th from 11am – 2pm ET. This online training, presented by coding masters, is designed to hone your skills as an advanced coding teacher.
The PSA Video: What are you looking for?
If video isn’t your thing, don’t worry. Something to keep in mind: videos don’t require you to be in front of a camera. An animation, a whiteboard video – there are many ways to communicate this message. Have fun! Here are some videos that to give you some ideas:
I’m ready. What do I do next?
Applications are open! Apply or share this with a fellow teacher!