Tynker Opens Fall 2019 Applications for Blue Ribbon Educators!
Since starting the Tynker Blue Ribbon Educator program, we’ve invited hundreds of passionate educators from all over the world to take part in this community. We’ve connected with the likes of Yuang Teck Teo from Malaysia, Charlotte Billot from France, Arwa Al-Anesi from Yemen, and hundreds more.
This past year we highlighted dozens of our Blue Ribbons on the Tynker Blog, shared alongside them at local conferences- hearing their stories of what motivates them, inspires them, and how Tynker weaves into their students’ lives. This fall, we’re excited to open the doors again to a new class of educators, who will continue to build this community into one that works toward achieving a noble mission:
Making Computer Science for Everyone a Reality
The goals are simple: We want to give teachers, even those who aren’t Tynker experts, a chance to dive into coding education in a big way. We want to prepare our students for a future in which their job descriptions don’t even exist yet.
As a Tynker Blue Ribbon Educator, you’ll get access to curriculum, training, PD opportunities, and, most importantly, community support. Blue Ribbons receive exclusive training, resources, and access to curricula to help them on the path to becoming code-teacher masters. They are dedicated to coding instruction by providing support, connecting at conferences, sharing their knowledge, and being an integral part of the maker and coding community.
Why Become a Tynker Blue Ribbon Educator?
Each year, Tynker accepts new teachers into the Tynker Blue Ribbon Training Program. As part of the program, teachers will receive many perks and benefits, including:
- Community- Being part of a larger community of connected coding educators
- Certification– A valuable Professional Development credential
- PD Hours- 3 hrs for initial training, ongoing all year round
- Time to Shine- Get Featured in Blue Ribbon Directory
- Blue Ribbon Tynker License- 50 K-8 licenses to practice with students
- Professional presentation opportunities- Tynker presents at all the major and local state conferences including ISTE, FETC, TCEA and more
- Early access- Tynker often gives Blue Ribbons opportunities to try out new features
- Discounts- Save on new products, courses, and full K-8 licenses
- Swag- Get coding shirts, stickers, pins and other fun ways to promote coding in the classroom
Do I have to be a Tynker User to Apply?
No, you don’t! Previous Tynker experience doesn’t hurt, but most importantly you need to prove:
- A dedication to providing coding tools and skills to your students
- Experience using some form of coding platform (block coding a plus)
- A drive to help every student learn to code
- A track record of excellence in teaching and learning
- A desire for collaboration and sharing among colleagues
How to I Apply to be a TBRE?
Applications are open! You will be asked to:
- Create a 1-minute PSA video or original Tynker Project based on the UN Sustainable Development Goals: Can Coding Transform Our World?
- Answer a few questions about your desire and motivations in teaching these skills.
- Be available for Premium Training on Nov. 22nd from 12pm ET – 3pm ET. This online training, presented by Tynker masters, is designed to hone your skills as a coding teacher. You WILL get a certificate for PD hours for your time.
The Video: What are you looking for?
If video isn’t your thing, don’t worry. You can also create an original Tynker project using the NEW Tynker IDE (start here). Something to keep in mind: videos don’t require you to be in front of a camera. An animation, a whiteboard video, Tynker project – there are many ways to communicate this message. Have fun! Here are some videos to get you inspired:
I’m ready. What do I do next?
Applications are open! Apply or share this with a fellow teacher!