- Ultra Stone Axeby Dragon_Born31139.7k
- diamond Battle axe131141.6k
- Corrupted Diamond Axeby Rich Rosehip111143.3k
- Halo Axe11140.2k
- Jason's Axeby Da Boi21140.4k
- Halo Axe21141.5k
- B-Day Pack-Rainbow Axe01122.5k
- power double axe131123.4k
- fast axeby Hacker24521122.7k
- Ultra Axeby Toaster161123.1k
- GOD AXEby Many Mercury21122.7k
- emrald axby Spry Nerine11122.6k
- Mighty hammer81123.9k
- ruby axe01122.5k
|Uses||Wood: 60 Stone: 132 Iron: 251 Gold: 33 Diamond: 1562|
|First Appearance||PE 1.2.2|
|Data Values||Hex: Wooden: 10F Stone: 113 Iron: 102 Gold: 11E Diamond: 117 Dec: Wooden: 271 Stone: 275 Iron: 258 Gold: 286 Diamond: 279|
Axes can be crafted from 5 different materials (from lowest to highest Durability ):
The primary role of an Axe is to quicken the collection of wood and wood-type blocks. The Player may choose to do this by hand, but at a severely reduced pace. The most common type of crafted axe is probably the iron axe, as iron is a strong material that can be found in abundance. A gold axe can mine wood and wood items the quickest by far, but it has much lower durability.
Axes deal more damage than Swords , so the axe is a viable alternative as a weapon. However, there are two drawbacks to using it as a weapon, opposed to a tool:
- Attacking with an axe (or using it to mine a non-wood block) will cause it to take double durability damage.
- The recovery time between swings of the axe is longer than that of a sword.
- As of Minecraft 1.9 , axes are the strongest weapon. In fact, a wooden axe does the same attack damage as a diamond sword.
Some text from Minecraft Wiki used under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0