- Grades 6 - 8
- Intermediate level
- 11 lessons
- Web iPad
- 11 lessons
- 22 activities
- Enhanced Creativity Tools
- Automatic Assessment
- Tutorials and Reviews
- Coding Puzzles
- DIY Projects
No previous coding experience required.
Create a project that demonstrates your knowledge of probability.
IntroductionIn this lesson, students will play an interactive quiz game and answer questions about probability. Next, students will follow a step-by-step tutorial in the DIY (do-it-yourself) module to create their own version of the quiz game they just played. They will create a mini introduction for the project, send and receive messages, create their own probability questions, and program Actors to react to correct and incorrect answers. If students finish early, ask them to look at the bonus section in step 7/7 of the tutorial, which encourages them to add sound effects, graphic effects, and create more complex probability questions.
After completing the DIY module, students will be asked 5 quiz questions that involve probability. By the end of the lesson, students will have experimented with coding concepts (e.g., simple events, text handling, input/output, messaging, motion, basic math, conditionals, layers, costume handling) while creating an interactive quiz game about probability.
- Probability: The chance that a certain result will happen
- Solve probability math problems
- Use code blocks to create an interactive project on probability
- Computers or iPads (1 per student) with student account access to Tynker.com
- simple events
- text handling
- simple messaging
- advanced motion
- basic math
- advanced costume handling
- CCSS-Math: MP1, 6.SP.B.5.A, 7.SP.C.5
- CCSS-ELA: SL.6.1, SL.7.1, SL.8.1
- CSTA: 2-AP-13, 2-AP-16, 2-AP-17
- CS CA: 6-8.AP.13, 6-8.AP.16, 6-8.AP.17
- ISTE: 1.c, 1.d, 4.d, 5.c, 5.d, 6.b