Lesson: Fruit Ninja
Time: 25+ mins
IntroductionCongratulations! You’ve made it to the last lesson in the Augmented Reality (AR) Studio course. In this lesson, campers will create a game of Fruit Ninja and slice fruit in midair with their hand!
New Code Blocks
: Run the code attached to this block after an Actor has been cloned. : Clone the specified Actor. : Delete the cloned Actor.
- Use clone blocks to program fruit Actors
- Create an augmented reality Fruit Ninja game
- Computers or iPads (1 per camper) with a working camera and student account access to Tynker.com
Warm-Up (5 minutes)1. Tell campers to take out a piece of paper and a pencil.
2. Tell campers to answer the short-response questions:
- What is your favorite AR game? Why?
- What are some of the benefits of playing an AR game compared to a non-AR game?
Getting Started (5 minutes)1. Use your projector to display “Module 1: Fruit Ninja Intro.”
2. Read the captions to the class.
Activities (15 minutes)Facilitate as campers complete the Fruit Ninja modules on their own:
1. Fruit Ninja Intro (Video)
- This short video introduces the Fruit Ninja lesson.
- In this DIY, campers will create an AR Fruit Ninja game.
- How to play: Tell campers to use their hand to swipe across or karate chop the fruit to slice it!
Optional Activities (10 minutes)More Practice
1. Tell campers to experiment with their code blocks and add or change at least two features (e.g., add more fruit Actors, add music, use “say” blocks).
2. Have a friendly competition and award small prizes for the “most difficult Fruit Ninja 2.0 game” and “most creative Fruit Ninja 2.0 game.”
CCSS-ELA:SL.3.1, SL.3.3, W.3.1.C, W.3.2, SL.4.1, SL.4.1.C, SL.5.1, SL.5.1.C, SL.5.1.D, SL.6.1, SL.6.1.C, SL.7.1, SL.7.1.C, SL.7.1.D, SL.8.1, SL.8.1.C, SL.8.1.D
CSTA: 1A-AP-09, 1A-AP-10, 1A-AP-11, 1A-AP-14
These student-facing slide presentations help educators seamlessly run Tynker lessons in a virtual or physical classroom setting. Each lesson has its own set of slides that introduce the big ideas, suggest unplugged activities, and include a section for each activity module. While running lesson slides, you can switch back and forth between the activity, the slides, answer keys and other lesson materials.
A sample slide presentation is available for your review. Please log in to view all the class presentations available with your plan..