We appreciate you being a Tynker educator. Every year we challenge ourselves to come up with new ways of supporting you and your students. As always, 2021 was a busy year!
Ten Highlights from 2021:
- Tynker Everywhere: We rebuilt the Tynker and Tynker Junior apps to be available both on iPhones and on Android devices! Just search for us on the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- High School Courses: We added two courses to our ever-growing library of curriculum for older students.
- Distinguished Educator PD Pathway: We started our Tynker Certification pathways with beginner to advanced teacher training. These include opportunities for teachers to join a learning community of active Tynker teachers, and broaden their skills with students. It’s simple and it’s free!
- Tynker en Español District Grants: Our K-5 curriculum is now available in Spanish for ELL students via a district grant program. Bring equitable coding opportunities to your students by having a district administrator apply right away.
- Arcade Games: You’ll love our new Arcade Game Makers. Start up your favorite and begin building your very own platformer games. Share them with friends and have them join in on the fun!
- Comprehensive Help System: We launched a brand-new Help system to make it easier for you to get the answers you need when you need them. Simply click on the green question mark symbol on your screen.
- Updated Scope and Sequence: We revised and simplified our standards mapping documents with new dedicated resources for Tynker Blocks and text coding languages.
- Classroom Presentations: Ready-to-use slides are now available for 19 of our courses. No more prep time need building your own presentations, just fire ours up and start your class immediately.
- College Board Endorsement: Our landmark Advanced Placement courses, AP CS Principles and
- , have completed the rigorous College Board review process. They are now fully endorsed, with complete Learning Objectives, Essential Knowledge, and Professional Development alignment.
We’re working on so many more terrific things for you this year. Stay safe and have an amazing 2022. We can’t say it enough, thank you for being a teacher!
– Your friends at Tynker 💕